Good Cans for Kids
Nov 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

RCBinTN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello -
I am shopping for headphones for my grand daughter, age 11.  I would appreciate comments about a good sounding, good value pair at the price of $150-250.  Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,
RCBinTN

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 15
  Diamond tears refurbished. 200$. She'll love them.
http://www.monsterproducts.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=7474

eww we are recommending monster can for kids NOOO q.q 

don't make me SAD

honestly try giving her a Sound Magic HP 100 $200 new and it sounds wonderful... and it's SHINY! What little girl does not LOVE shiny ^^ it's also comfy and I think it looks gloriouis and it doesn't need an amp 

Uhh there is also the [trying to think kid friendly] Or get her a Beyer DYanmic COP with adjustable bass in case she wants more or less... I think Beyer is doing a Manufackur for the COP so you could get it in her favorite color [when they choose to do it] 

There is also The Sennhesier Momentum, I think it has optional colors as well

but guys this is head fi... even my cosuins can tell my w1000x sounds better than their fathers Beats [yea I don't see them to much any moar lol]

My point, we can do better that Monster Tears. Yea reviews have them sounding really good agains't other Monster offerings maybe even the BEST Monster HeadPhone! 

That said... guys we can do BETTER... cmon this is head fi let's give our youngest and future members a good start hear :3 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 15
It just occurred to me that this was posted in the High-End subforum (For many, we don't really notice anymore since we usually purvey the newest posts feed)

You might want to ask to see if you could get the thread moved to the Introductions, Help, and Recommendations subforum, usually you'd find more people answering questions in that area of the site.

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 15
  It just occurred to me that this was posted in the High-End subforum (For many, we don't really notice anymore since we usually purvey the newest posts feed)

You might want to ask to see if you could get the thread moved to the Introductions, Help, and Recommendations subforum, usually you'd find more people answering questions in that area of the site.

Good point as well! 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 15

Whoops, sorry.  This is my first new thread and obviously I don't know the rigour.  Will re-post.  Thanks for your help -
RCBinTN

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 15
  eww we are recommending monster can for kids NOOO q.q

don't make me SAD

honestly try giving her a Sound Magic HP 100 $200 new and it sounds wonderful... and it's SHINY! What little girl does not LOVE shiny ^^ it's also comfy and I think it looks gloriouis and it doesn't need an amp

Uhh there is also the [trying to think kid friendly] Or get her a Beyer DYanmic COP with adjustable bass in case she wants more or less... I think Beyer is doing a Manufackur for the COP so you could get it in her favorite color [when they choose to do it]

There is also The Sennhesier Momentum, I think it has optional colors as well

but guys this is head fi... even my cosuins can tell my w1000x sounds better than their fathers Beats [yea I don't see them to much any moar lol]

My point, we can do better that Monster Tears. Yea reviews have them sounding really good agains't other Monster offerings maybe even the BEST Monster HeadPhone!

That said... guys we can do BETTER... cmon this is head fi let's give our youngest and future members a good start hear :3

Thanks for the comments, before I move this post as requested.  Agree about Beats, and have looked into the Sennheiser and those look really great.  I appreciate your comments.

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 15
  Thanks for the comments, before I move this post as requested.  Agree about Beats, and have looked into the Sennheiser and those look really great.  I appreciate your comments.

No problem >.> the Tears from what I have read are very nice but well... I just want your lovely Grand to have teh very best Money can afford her <3 [well money in your alloted price range] 

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 15
I understand your points however, kids care about shiny things they can brag, not sound quality. Considering how good Jude rated them when they came out, they seem to be a good choice for a girl. Not because it's Monster it means bad, overpriced maybe but not bad. That's also why I pointed the refurb and not new.

The sennheiser momentum on the ear look nice too.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #10 of 15
  I understand your points however, kids care about shiny things they can brag, not sound quality. Considering how good Jude rated them when they came out, they seem to be a good choice for a girl. Not because it's Monster it means bad, overpriced maybe but not bad. That's also why I pointed the refurb and not new.

The sennheiser momentum on the ear look nice too.

BUT the Sound Magic HP 100 are also much shiner than the Tears :3 they don't look AS cool but they are Super Shiny 

ANd the momentum is nice too

And yea they are not terrible but kids can appreciate good sound, why not introduce her to GREAT sound and something that looks wonderful and SOUNDS amazing... Kid's like to brag... but my grandpa was the one who had all that awesome Audio Gear... my step dad had the new solid states and stero's but man Granpa had his tubes [didn't know that's what they where atm] and his old Open Headphones 

THAT said, be that cool vintage grandpa that in 5 years she will remember got her those Shiny and awesome sounding headphones  and maybe come to you for a serious pair!  She DESRVES the happiness of SOUNDS GOOD headphones! 

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 15
  BUT the Sound Magic HP 100 are also much shiner than the Tears :3 they don't look AS cool but they are Super Shiny

ANd the momentum is nice too

And yea they are not terrible but kids can appreciate good sound, why not introduce her to GREAT sound and something that looks wonderful and SOUNDS amazing... Kid's like to brag... but my grandpa was the one who had all that awesome Audio Gear... my step dad had the new solid states and stero's but man Granpa had his tubes [didn't know that's what they where atm] and his old Open Headphones

THAT said, be that cool vintage grandpa that in 5 years she will remember got her those Shiny and awesome sounding headphones  and maybe come to you for a serious pair!  She DESRVES the happiness of SOUNDS GOOD headphones!

LOL awesome post.
We decided after some investigation to go with sound vs. shine...the ATH-M50 in white.  Seems a bargain for $149.

I appreciate your help with this question - take care.
RCBinTN

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 15

Hello -
Thanks for the pictures.  We were originally looking for on-ear phones, but later decided to go with over-ear.  She just got back from school and I checked her head...not as big as Neil Pearts but getting there. 
o2smile.gif
  She will look something like me wearing the LCD-X.

All the Best -
RCBinTN

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #14 of 15
  Hello -
Thanks for the pictures.  We were originally looking for on-ear phones, but later decided to go with over-ear.  She just got back from school and I checked her head...not as big as Neil Pearts but getting there. 
o2smile.gif
  She will look something like me wearing the LCD-X.

All the Best -
RCBinTN

Yea an M50 is a good start, they actually apprently just released as new REvision with less bass than the old ones so it should get her used to a more balanced sound! Non the less grats post some pics if ur comfortable doing so ofc! 

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #15 of 15
Forgot to mention:

Interesting in Sennheiser Amperior? 

Sennheiser HD 25 Amperior going for $149.00 with free shipping at VMInmovations:

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_49391/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Silver-.html

Use the coupom: 
KMSAVE10​

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_49051/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-.html

Check the Onkyo Headphones, they look nice, their size is between on the ear and full size (plus the color is nice)

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-ES-FC300-On-Ear-Headphones-Violet/dp/B00BMGBDDO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1383856686&sr=8-4&keywords=onkyo+headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back