Good Bluetooth Speaker
May 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ike1985

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been to walmart and heard the ~$150 JBL Bluetooth and they sound very nice, but I can't help but think I can do better online value/performance wise. Here is the signature I'm looking for:

deep impactful sub bass
slightly emphasized mid bass
Clear Mids, slightly prominent/fat lower mids (vocals can be very slightly set back if need be)
Smooth, sparkly but not recessed highs

I'll mainly be streaming FLAC's via UAPP via S8+.I also have a chord Hugo 2 so it would be cool if I could hook that up to the speaker to take it to the next level!

Thank You

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 3
That’s asking a lot for a portable speaker and especially with Bluetooth. I’m not a Bluetooth speaker expert. What you’re describing would be hard for a lot of speaker systems with out a subwoofer. I bought my wife a Riva Turbo X and it is surprising the sound that comes out of such a small box. It’s not a lite little thing either and the battery life is rated for like 20 some hours. It will charge your phone as a lot of others will do and has a app to control it also I paid like $230 for it a couple of years ago and don’t know what they run now.

May 3, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I'll mainly be streaming FLAC's via UAPP via S8+.I also have a chord Hugo 2 so it would be cool if I could hook that up to the speaker to take it to the next level!

Going with the GIGO principle using the Hugo2 isn't going to get you as much gain in SQ vs using two separate BT speakers as true stereo speakers. Imaging isn't exactly going to be as holographic as Focal Utopias obviously but that's better than a single chassis stereo speaker, Hugo or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back