Good bluetooth headphones... help / advise
Jan 2, 2016 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Raymate

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My main headphones right now are Senns HD598, HD600 and HD650

Now I know bluetooth is not going to be as good.

Just got myself a pair of Sony MDR-10RBT mainly as on sale for boxing day and the reviews seemed good. And wanted to try bluetooth.

Well I have had them for a week and even after some burn in time they still sound bad to me, The detail is OK but the bass is over blown and flabby and really do not sound as airy, wide and open. BT or wired, yes the are closed back.

Mainly I feel it maybe as they are closed back I have never owned a pair of closed back headphones before so it maybe this is what I dislike about the sound. Blue tooth performance is actually rather good using Apt-X, so that was a surprise but even as a corded pair they still don't sound like my Senn's

My question is.

Does anyone make open back bluetooth headphones?

And is it because they are closed back I'm disliking them so much?

The Sonys I can EQ them to reduce the bass but up until now (30 years of collecting headphones) I have never actually EQed anything I run them on a flat EQ and let the headphones do the work.

Can anyone recommend a pair of BT headphones that are going to sound close to the Senns that I currently have.

Does anyone have the HD598 (600 / 650) and a pair of the BT Over Ear Momentums? how do they compare?

Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back