Good bass heavy cans
May 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Malav

New Head-Fier
After reading malv's review on the q40 indecided try them about because I want some real bass heavy headphones for dubstep. Its either this or lp crossfades. Which should I get beacause I can get either for around 130 on amazon

May 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I own a pair of Denon AH-D 5000's and the bass is INCREDIBLE! It will definitely pack a punch and the rest of the frequencies aren't too bad either. Mids are a bit recessed but the treble is fine. As a fan of the genre myself, I can honestly say you won't go wrong with em.

May 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I own a pair of Denon AH-D 5000's and the bass is INCREDIBLE! It will definitely pack a punch and the rest of the frequencies aren't too bad either. Mids are a bit recessed but the treble is fine. As a fan of the genre myself, I can honestly say you won't go wrong with em.

You might have missed the fact that the D5000s are far beyond the price range he is looking at, but a good suggestion nonetheless. 

I doubt the Crossfades are as good as the M40s, but I haven't given them a listen so I can't say.

May 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 7
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB700-Extra-Bass-Headphones/dp/B001RB24SW

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2

great for dubstep, and comfortable as a pillow

May 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
You might have missed the fact that the D5000s are far beyond the price range he is looking at, but a good suggestion nonetheless. 

I doubt the Crossfades are as good as the M40s, but I haven't given them a listen so I can't say.

Yeah sorry i totally missed that /facepalm. Epic fail

May 31, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 7
Q40s will definitely thump your melon. Mal knows his bass cans, I'd go that way.

The LP Crossfades are muddy, flabby things anyway. Not a great choice, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back