Good Bass Gaming Headset
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Morgohrr

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I know there is a bit of thread on gaming Headsets/Headphones But i didn't find an answer and i'm desperate a bit right now. So i want to get a new heatdset/headphones. Right now i've stoped my choices on:

V-Moda Crossfade lp2

Astro A40 + Mixamp 2013 edition

I already had a pair of Astros and i LOVED the sound like hell and theMixamp was one nice piece or hardware. I don't have them anymore because in the 3 months i had them i exchanged them twice first because there was some sound bugs and second because there was a defect in the eight adjustement wich made one side very loose. I sold the third one because i feared it would still be defect. Anyway, i know that the astros have had updates that repaired the first bugs i had. I want a headset that has great Bass i just sold my Sennheiser HD558 because there is NONE whatsoever. I just discovered with theese i was a bit of a basshead. The astros had perfect bass for me for what i can remember and now i se that the Crossfade LP2 is a pretty basshead set of cans. I wonder wich of them would be better for gaming and a lot of music? i listen mostly to Metal music some times Dubstep so i need great bass. If you have any other suggestions go on! i'm on a 300$ or so budget. And i'm not really interested in the ATH-M50 i hate the looks and they seems unconfortable. Thanks guys!

Oh by the way i don't do competitive gaming and i don't really care about Surround sound and need a cLosed back headset since the gf plays behind me on her pc and has a sound system!

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 11
If I were you i'd check out Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro. I just ordered the 80 Ohm version and from what I've heard they have a good bass. Plus they are alot under your budget.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 11
  If I were you i'd check out Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro. I just ordered the 80 Ohm version and from what I've heard they have a good bass. Plus they are alot under your budget.

+1
it's a good way to go, if you are not into FPS games. As for mic recommendations, there's the Modmic. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 11
Ok so i'll look onto them. now my choice is set on the Crossfade LP2 or the Beyerdynamics. I bought an Astro A40 but they are too ''open back'' for me i hear everything from the outside and i hate that. And they don't have much bass either. I'm wondering if i should keep the mixamp for my new cans tho or it won't do any good job to drive them? My soundcard is an Asus Xonar DX wich gives pretty decent quality sound and when plugged to the Mixamp it's kind of a waste because it's plugged in the Optical out. would i be better just selling them with the mixamp and plugging my new Headphones directly through 3.5mm? Also the Crossfade has this http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/ wich is really a need need for me.

Well i'm not being clear i guess lol. What i wanna know is if plugging them in 3.5mm will give better quality sound. I won't have the usefull Voice/Game knob the mixamp has but it's not really a problem also i can very well do Surround emulation through Dolby Headphones on my soundcard so it's not a big loss either. Thanks!

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 11

there a good headphone for games, and well priced., (and very comfortable)...not the best for positional audio, but neither is the d7000 and thats my "go to" gaming headphone  ...

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 11
I'd pick the Beyers. The Vmoda's soundstage is very limited for gaming. 

Btw, if you use voice chat during the game the mixamp will be really helpful. You can adjust the game/voice balance easily. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 11
Ok so i sold my A40 keeping the mixamp and i just bought the V-Modas. If i don't like them i'll sell them back and go for the Beyers. But will the mixamp be ok to drive the beyers 80 ohm? My soundcard is the Asus Xonar DX if it even matters since the mixamp is plugged via Optical.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 11
  But will the mixamp be ok to drive the beyers 80 ohm? My soundcard is the Asus Xonar DX if it even matters since the mixamp is plugged via Optical.

Sure. Will drive the 80ohms pretty decent. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 11
So i recieved my Crossfade LP2 today and after just 10mins of listening i tought to myself wow that sounds muddy. It's like im listenimg to music under water. The bass has no boom to it it just sound a lot muddy. There is not much clarity in the highs either. Well now will the Beyers dt770 pro sound much clearer? And will there be any boom in the bass lol. I want my explosions to have some feedback like you feel them. In the v-modas.... Well it's not quite there at all. The turtle beaches p11 i bought last week to have something whil i find something good sounds even better than those, well in my opinion anyway. I really don't know if i should try the Beyers omg it's such a puzzle i'be beem searching for 2 years for some great cans!

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #10 of 11
So i announced the V-Modas on Ebay lol. After like 30 mins of tweaking in the Equaliser i had good sound but the earpads really not deep enough. My ears are litteraly sitting on the plastic covering the Drivers. It hurts and i mean a lot after like 40min or less. I looked at the DT770 pros and are not buyable here in Canada it's like crazy at 350$ or so. Right now since i bought the Mixamp i'm on a budget of 200- 250$ and was looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580. How would that be you guys think? Are the earpads deeper than the V-Modas? well i hope and sound quality as i've seen on other threads seems pretty decent and soundstage too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back