Good Backup Earphones!!
Mar 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Joelc87

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of decent midlevel IEMs for travelling and taking to school and such. I have a pair of Shure SE530s but I use these mainly to listen around home. I recently tore the cable out and had to spend $150 to replace them from Shure. I'm looking for something just to plug into my iPod for road trips and walking around school with. I'm mainly considering the UE Super.Fi 5pros because of their replaceable cable. Is there anything else in the sub $200 category that I should consider?

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 12
Yeah..i've considered the UM1's. I've actually also considered going a bit further and getting the UM2's because of their rave reviews. At $300 kinda tempting to get the Triple.fi's though for about $330. Those have a replaceable cable too so I wouldn't worry about them as much.

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 12
I have really though about getting the UM2's because of their high comfort levels but, I think I will probably go for something from UE. I don't really care about fit that much because I have huge ear canals. I don't really care about the look of the UE's either because they fit deeper in my ears than most and so they don't stick out as much. Do many of you think the Triple.fis are worth it or should I go with the SF5s since I already have the SE530s?

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #12 of 12
Denon AH-C700 is very nice too, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back