GOOD antispyware program?
Apr 8, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 25
I thought I was the only one having update problems. It kept locking up my computer, and that's when it did much of anything. How sad, this used to be a superb program.

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I thought I was the only one having update problems. It kept locking up my computer, and that's when it did much of anything. How sad, this used to be a superb program.

I had the same problems too, what I did was I downloaded their latest version from their website and installed it again. After that, I did not have update problems anymore. But their updates now as everyone noticed are not as always current as before.

Apr 9, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #18 of 25
I just got Spysweeper & it caught some spyware that adaware & spybot missed. It has great features that both freeware versions lack like auto scanning & auto downloading of updates. Plus it has a built in cookie blocker.

Thanks for the tip SIE!
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 25
This is probably old news, but watch out. Some of the free spyware scanners purposely install spyware or pretend to find bogus software. Then they pop up a window asking you to pay and download the software to remove it. What a scam.

Apr 9, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by tortie
I just got Spysweeper & it caught some spyware that adaware & spybot missed. It has great features that both freeware versions lack like auto scanning & auto downloading of updates. Plus it has a built in cookie blocker.

Thanks for the tip SIE!
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear that the SpySweeper worked out tortie. After trying so many syyware programs, this combo seems to get them all. To me, two free and one I had to pay for is fine. I ran all my spyware programs again last night, and updated them all. I hate finding stuff on my computer.

OBTW, SpySweeper will also find Trojan Horses also, so it pulls double duty.

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:47 AM Post #21 of 25
Spysweeper does the most complete job and also removes hijacking software that changes your homepage settings and allows pop ups to appear,both Spybot and Adaware could not get rid of this.

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 25
Hmm..that's one I haven't tried. I'll go look for that, thanks for the tip, guys!

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:55 AM Post #23 of 25
Oh great! I'm please to announce that the grand old age of 37 I am indeed going senile...I just installed Spy Sweeper a couple of days ago when Doug recommended it..DOH!
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #24 of 25
You're not losing your mind. You're doin fine little Harpo. (Finding Nemo joke)

Apr 15, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #25 of 25
I would recommend Lavasoft AD Aware. I use it all the time. You have to make sure to update it before every scan though, so all the spyware it detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back