Good amp with USB DAC?
May 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mattess

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm kind of new here and I don't have an amp yet, but I am shopping for one to compliment my V-MODA CrossFade LP2's. My source device is an HTC-HD2, and I need a headphone amp with a USB DAC. Any good suggestions? Preferably under $50, and small enough to fit in my pocket.

May 30, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 8
For this price choice is very limited to have a combined DAC/Amp.

New I didn;t find any that fits your budget. But on Amazon you can find used ones:

Fiio E10
Fiio E7

These two are good and would fit in the budget (used). 

No other ideas from my side.

Cheers,
K

May 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Hi guys, I'm kind of new here and I don't have an amp yet, but I am shopping for one to compliment my V-MODA CrossFade LP2's. My source device is an HTC-HD2, and I need a headphone amp with a USB DAC. Any good suggestions? Preferably under $50, and small enough to fit in my pocket.

A USB DAC is completely pointless for you since the HD2 doesn't support USB audio output. The only thing you can do is get something like the FiiO E11 and connect it to the headphone jack on your phone. A USB DAC isn't going to work unless you're running a custom ROM that supports it.

May 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 8
I use Fiio E7, but im not impressed with it. I think i need to upgrade

May 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Are you using an E7 or an E07K?

The E07K has Alpen printed on the back. And it's sooo much better than then E7 (I have both). Especially in clarity and soundstage.

But for the budget, what else can you do?

May 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks a lot for the recommendations, I'll probably go for the Fiio E7, just as a starter amp. I'm a bit new with the whole system of headphone amps, but now I realize that I really don't need a USB compatible rig.

May 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the recommendations, I'll probably go for the Fiio E7, just as a starter amp. I'm a bit new with the whole system of headphone amps, but now I realize that I really don't need a USB compatible rig.

Like I said, if you don't need the USB DAC then don't waste money on it. Get the E11 instead. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back