good amp for L3000
May 18, 2008 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

waddragon

Banned
Hi all
I have just gotten my L3000 and think to find a good amp for it.
Right now I am driving the phone with my rpx-33 which is good for most of my phones. Its midrange is absolutely amazing but sometimes is a little too high(lol, maybe I use high volume).
I know the DHA3000 is a good amp for L3000. Besides that amp, does anyone know a good one?
thanks

May 18, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 9
L3000 with DHA3000 is a great combo.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000 with DHA3000 is a great combo.
smily_headphones1.gif

I know other members like that combo.

When I owned the L3000s I liked the custom build Singlepower with them. It was great
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know other members like that combo.

When I owned the L3000s I liked the custom build Singlepower with them. It was great
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, that combo is great, but I also prefer others amp. I've tried L3000 with Dynahi, MAD Ear+ HD, and Corda Opera. Each combo works great depending on your favor. I personally like MAD Ear+ HD which make L3000s become real bass monster.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 9
My favorites have been the Singlepower amps followed by the matching DHA3000 amp.

May 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, that combo is great, but I also prefer others amp. I've tried L3000 with Dynahi, MAD Ear+ HD, and Corda Opera. Each combo works great depending on your favor. I personally like MAD Ear+ HD which make L3000s become real bass monster.
biggrin.gif

Interesting about the Ear+ HD makes the L3000s bass monsters. I wish I could've tried the L3000 with that amp when I owned it. I owned both the HD and HD2 (HD+) at the same time, but I didn't have the L3000 in my possession at that time.

May 19, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting about the Ear+ HD makes the L3000s bass monsters. I wish I could've tried the L3000 with that amp when I owned it. I owned both the HD and HD2 (HD+) at the same time, but I didn't have the L3000 in my possession at that time.

I found the bass to be a little loose and not quite as fast as I liked with the MAD. Also, it made the highs slightly recessed, so the bass seem more prominent. With the DHA3000, the bass is much better controlled and has more impact. The overall sound is more open and the highs are much better. Plus you have the built-in digital eq so you can adjust the sound to however you like it, although I find the stock positions to perfect with L3000.

May 19, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #8 of 9
I owned the DHA3000 for a while and it's very nice - really brings a good sense of dynamics and balance to the L3000, with very mild tone controls.

I moved to a SinglePower Extreme Platinum with increased voltage output upgrade and with the right tubes, I find that it powers the L3000 even better. Better dynamics, greater soundstage and refinement. Very forceful, detailed and involving.

Personally, I'd get a stand-alone amp as opposed to the DHA3000 since you're tied to the DAC in it which is good if you're looking for an all in one box solution, but not so good if you like having a separate dac / analogue input.

May 19, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned the DHA3000 for a while and it's very nice - really brings a good sense of dynamics and balance to the L3000, with very mild tone controls.

I moved to a SinglePower Extreme Platinum with increased voltage output upgrade and with the right tubes, I find that it powers the L3000 even better. Better dynamics, greater soundstage and refinement. Very forceful, detailed and involving.

Personally, I'd get a stand-alone amp as opposed to the DHA3000 since you're tied to the DAC in it which is good if you're looking for an all in one box solution, but not so good if you like having a separate dac / analogue input.

That's true about the DAC. I think the ECD-1 DAC I had was better than the built-in DHA3000 DAC but I find it's amp to be much better than the MAD.

It's kind of hard to seperate the two but I think overall texture and the general sound is the DAC and the control and overall dynamics is the amp. I'm sure there is crossover there.

I really thought about keeping the DAC and finding a better amp but there was a used DHA3000 on sale at the time and I couldn't pass it up. I broke even on selling my system for the DHA3000, so I didn't have to invest any more money for another amp that may or not sound better than the MAD. After 6 months with the DHA3000, I am still complete satisfied and I am not looking to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back