Good Alternatives to the MDR-7506 (ears get too hot)
Aug 9, 2008 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mike0879

New Head-Fier
After reading many posts on here I ordered the MDR-7506 headphones. I am using these for casual listening, but I opted for these because I heard that for the money, this is a great purchase.

I agree with many posters on here that the 7506's sound great. However, my ears get too hot even after wearing them for just a few minutes. Also, after wearing them for a while I've decided that I prefer supra-aural headphones instead. I find them to be more comfortable.

I have read that most of the better sounding headphones are in fact circum-aural. With all that being said, Can someone recommend something
1.) on par with the 7506 in terms of sound quality and durability (or close).
2.) supra-aural, comfortable, not too hot.

I would like to spend no more than $200.00. I am by no means an expert like many of the people on here. Just looking for a good pair of headphones when I listen to music on my pc and mp3 player. I am trying to find what would be the best pair for me for a reasonable price.

BTW, i did read up on the beyerdynamic pad mod I wasn't sure how much it would help (in terms of heat and comfort). I was surprised that one person (who posted the info and pic for this) said his ears actually felt warmer w the beyer pads.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/so...cs-lots-94836/

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back