Good all rounder IEM/CIEM around $1K
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

knopi

500+ Head-Fier
I look for best all rounder possible. It should be natural and good in everthing mids, soundstage, real vocal instruments, extension, bass, maybe little bit warmer over neutral bla bla...from overhead hp I like planars for example HE1000 drivers.

From reading this falled to my eyes mainly Viento (B or D tuning) and Fibae 7.
Viento seems like very special.
Fibae 7 seems like everyone like it, big plus it is stock with good cable.
Both can be universal or custom.

Another and cheaper alternatives which come to my mind Andromeda B stock, Reborn both very popular long long time and maybe Audiosense T800. But here I am not sure it could be compromise.

Thanks for opinions, experinces.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 14
Hello Neighbor!
It is difficult to make a general recommendation, but the Sony M9 sounds like it could suit your requirements.
Warmer, yet still fun with very good soundstage. In Japan it's around €900 or 950.
The M7 would be the more affordable variant but in direct comparison I really liked the added sparkle of the M9. It's been a year since I have heard them but the difference was bigger to me than the graph would suggest.

The Andromeda should be a good option as well, I just didn't find it as exciting as the M9, but that was during shop listening, which is only ever a snapshot. I need a week to form an opinion and more to reaffirm it.

Hidition will be hard to get for us in EU.

Another option that keeps coming up as an all-round TOTL is the QDC Anole VX, but it's a good bit above your limit at 1400 (listed in Crinacle's table)
I have the QDC 4SS and it is a very good IEM, that makes me curious about the VX....

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 14
M9 seems good popular too thanks for suggestion, some people like it more over Andro.

Anybody how soundstage on Viento and Fibae 7? Against Campfire which is considered good in this.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 14
Apr 3, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 14
Second the M9. Still like them even after my upgrade. Sound is 'neutral' with a healthy emphasis on bass. The fit and finish is spot-on, and the cable is damn near the best I've ever seen on an IEM.

Apr 14, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 14
Read a little about M7/M9. Even M7 seems fine. Just did not like people wrote about worse dynamic and finding pairing becouse of it.

Viento switchless B = little boost bass and D = the same plus aded more richness to overall signature so D could be probably more versatile, but people mostly write about B. Viento is designed to be mainly custom and in universal version which I have interest there can be less deep insertion which could be a little different sound but it is just theory. And I read one impression where is mentioned less soundstage which is what I do not like in IEMs. But still it should have great timbre tones natural neutral easy even with smartphones.

And other I mentioned Fiabe7, Andro, Reborn...

But truth is If I will buy on blind I would risk it probably only with Viento. But definitely not the best idea it is not cheap.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #8 of 14
I ended up that I do not know :smile: but changed list a little bit:

Viento B - still seems special and I can create design I want even universal model. I will probably buy them.

unsure but think I will be satisfied:
Andromeda - legend status, soundstage
Moondrop S8 - could surprise
Reborn - unsure but could surprise as all rounder
M9 - many owners evidently love them

little cheaper ones but it could be enough:
M7 - good price

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #9 of 14
Hello Neighbor!
It is difficult to make a general recommendation, but the Sony M9 sounds like it could suit your requirements.
Warmer, yet still fun with very good soundstage. In Japan it's around €900 or 950.
The M7 would be the more affordable variant but in direct comparison I really liked the added sparkle of the M9. It's been a year since I have heard them but the difference was bigger to me than the graph would suggest.

The Andromeda should be a good option as well, I just didn't find it as exciting as the M9, but that was during shop listening, which is only ever a snapshot. I need a week to form an opinion and more to reaffirm it.

Hidition will be hard to get for us in EU.

Another option that keeps coming up as an all-round TOTL is the QDC Anole VX, but it's a good bit above your limit at 1400 (listed in Crinacle's table)
I have the QDC 4SS and it is a very good IEM, that makes me curious about the VX....

Small note regarding the pricing of the QDC Anole VX, as on Crin's ranking list the $1400 only refers to the lowest priced QDC 8SL.
1588162283297.png

As the Anole VX is actually around $2300 depending on your retailer.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #11 of 14
I ended up that I do not know :smile:

Viento B - still seems special and I can create design I want even universal model. I will probably buy them.

unsure but think I will be satisfied:
M9 - many owners evidently love them
Andromeda - legend status, soundstage
Reborn - seems underated but it could be very very good all rounder

little cheaper ones but it could be enough:
Moondrop S8 - could surprise
M7 - good price

Nice summary, I feel you hit the nail on the head with all those statements!

I can't wait to get my M9. I only listened to them briefly a year ago but liked them immediately, just didn't put much effort in it because I never thought I'd ever spend that much on an IEM. The Z1R also blew me away but was almost too powerful and intense, and I felt the mids were a bit recessed. But it left a deep impression, I also spent much more time listening to it. Since the M9 has a very similar tuning as the Z1R (and some ppl say they sound quite similar) I think that it should really hit the sweet spot between natural and fun, BA and DD.

If you get the Viento I'll come visit you with the M9 and we can compare! :xf_cool:

BTW - Good Andromeda prices here:
https://www.eglobalcentral.at/campf...Dbg0AWLaDiGyGXQ3Brz2pDZ5OEJQS0lBoCbvMQAvD_BwE
https://headphonecompany.com/produkt/campfire-audio-andromeda-s-in-ear/

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #12 of 14
Had chance listen Tin2 and TSMR3.
Reason was becouse Tin2 should have similar tuning to Viento.
I tried them via iPhone, T2 tuning was quite good but honestly I expected more I wanted more open sound more air more clarity more technical, it had lazy dynamic, wanted vocals more from head and suprisingly it was darker from taste.
So I expect Viento will be better in every possible way it could be really for me. I evidently like neutral real sound with a little boost in bass and maybe a little to V becouse I do like a little more highs and vocals more from head (not push in my head).
And TSMR3 these was interesting try for me due to the fit, and these type of shape shell mm so big shell also quite fatter nozzle so very uncomfy it needs deep insertion and my ears did not like it much.

My last changed list :smile: now only 3-5 options,
Viento - really want them universal, but now I am a little worry about shape comfy

Andromeda, Jupiter (from second hand) - I really liked them in past, also liked shallower fit insertion. So Campfire seems no risky for me.

Blessing 2 - nice reviews, Moondrop doing evidently something right, but I guess here will be the same problem with fit big shell
Moondrop SSR SSP - looks nice to me and looks comfy

Last aski is it here anybody which had chance compare Viento and Campfire soundstage? And if Viento have vocals also little more from head?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #13 of 14
Are you planning on using the iPhone as a source for those IEMs?
IMO all these IEMs need a good source to bring out the clarity and open sound you are looking for.
I am using iPhones myself and the analog out of all of them (SE, 6S, iPad Pro) sounds rather flat, compressed and lifeless.
Depends on the IEM, but for example the Sony EX1000 loses all it's punch, extension, clarity, that are so outstanding when I use it with the CHORD Mojo.

Blessing 2 and Viento have almost identical frequency responses.
Maybe you could get the Blessing and if you like the signature but want to upgrade on fit and technicalities, sell the B2 and get the Viento custom.
1591098276130.png

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #14 of 14
I would like to use mobile for future IEM, like more streaming than colecting music. I know iPhone is not ideal it is warmer. I had in past Brooklyn DAC and Hugo and strangely I liked sound more from iPhone "with IEMs". I consider something like LG V30 better invest over DAP, but it is only in my head theory maybe there are some new fine daps with nice displays, easy platform, spotify for example iBasso DX160 seems soemthing I could consider..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back