Good all-around headphones
May 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jla

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some fairly cheap (maybe 100 euros?) all-around closed headphones for music, movies and games. Sound isolation is very important.

I don't have a good source yet, but I think I'll buy a Asus Xonar D2/D2X or Auzentech Prelude for my computer. I'm not sure how powerful the headphone output on those are. I would buy a uDAC or something like that but I need to plug in a clip-on microphone too to double the headphones as a headset. I also need ASIO support... The Xonar Essence cards are way too expensive.

Thanks a lot.

May 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet...

How do you like to hear your music and what genres/kind of music do you listen to?

Do you like: clear sound, deep bass, good overall balance etcetera? Please be specific.

May 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Also, with the music I listen to I guess you would need some kind of decent soundstage, but I'm not sure.

May 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 8
Sennheiser HD4x8-series? I have the HD428, standard and 'bass heavy.' Check the threads for these headphone series are quite good for the price. The Shure SRH 440 could be good too, just some options...

May 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #6 of 8
Choices are always good, I like all makes. I was also looking at Audio-Technica ATH-M50's and Beyerdynamic DT 770's. Still in the same price range beacuse I'm not too picky. I guess durable headphones are also a big plus. Just what one is best for my purposes, I'm doing some research.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #7 of 8
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Ultrasone HFI-580

Users who are viewing this thread

Back