Good album art resolution for Sony NWZ-A846 ?
Aug 31, 2010 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lamplighter

New Head-Fier
Hello all- I am using the Sony NWZ-A846 and it is a stunning player but all my album art seems to be hit or miss quality wise.
Does anyone know if there is a pretty good standard as far as what resolution to use (I am varying around 300x300), any of my larger files just come out messy and pixelated.
I am using JPEG, would any of the other supported files make much difference. I have been experimenting but am also wondering if anyone has some information on what the best size and format is.
Thank you for any help !!!
Cheers, LL-

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 8
well you should probably use 240x240 since that is the max side resolution of the screen. I use 240x240 on my X-series and never had issues.

sometimes the files are even larger, up to 800x800 and they display just fine on my X series.

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
sometimes the files are even larger, up to 800x800 and they display just fine on my X series.

Really? I always used to use 275 x 275 for my album art but recently I tried adding some album art at 500 x 500. My x series wouldn't display the latest album artwork so I went back to usng 275 x 275 and it's okay again. I assumed that there was an upper limit of about 300 x 300 pixels or so.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
well if the album art appears in the mp3 tag it will appear on the X, i use mp3tag to add all my album art.

So do I. The album art was appearing in MP3 Tag but not appearing on my X Series. Perhaps it has something to do with the way I transfer music to my player (drag and drop).

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
So do I. The album art was appearing in MP3 Tag but not appearing on my X Series. Perhaps it has something to do with the way I transfer music to my player (drag and drop).

I only use drag and drop, I don't use any other method or programs because I liked to see what I am moving and what is on the device.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 8
I had issues with certain picture tags and my Sony dap. I found out that the issue was with progressive jpeg's. What I have done is use a free program called GIMP, copy the jpeg, and save it as 'Optimized' instead of 'Progressive'. It works every time and I usually use 500x500 jpeg's.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I had issues with certain picture tags and my Sony dap. I found out that the issue was with progressive jpeg's. What I have done is use a free program called GIMP, copy the jpeg, and save it as 'Optimized' instead of 'Progressive'. It works every time and I usually use 500x500 jpeg's.

Ah, that's probably the problem I was having. That said, if the max display size on the X series is 240 x 240 I don't really want to have images much larger than that. It's just a waste of file space and I would imagine it takes fractionaly longer for the player to load and display the aertwork when creating lists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back