Good AHD2000 replacement?
Aug 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shimunogora

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-fi! I'm looking for a new pair of headphones with a 300-450 USD budget. Right now my current setup is the following:

Schiit Bifrost
Schiit Asgard 2
Shure SRH940s
Denon AHD2000s (Broken!)

I really, really loved the sound of my AHD2000s but unfortunately the left sound driver completely broke on me (I've tested it and everything, it's shot and not a cabling issue). I'm looking for some bassy cans that can contrast my very treble-oriented SRH940s. If possible (but not completely necessary) I would like a little bit of isolation. My first idea is possibly getting the AH-D600s (thank you summer buying guide!), but I have heard that the bass on the 600s isn't quite as strong as the bass on the 2000s. I have also heard that the DT880s are good in that area, but I'm not really sure.

Are there any AHD2000s/600s owners here? How do they compare? Are there any really superb cans that fit my description? Thanks! :)

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 3
Why not just pay to have the AH-D2000s fixed?

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 3
The headphones are already pretty messed up and I'm having issues finding someone who is just selling a driver. The screw on one side has already broke and I've drilled/bolted a new screw back in (but it doesn't work nearly as good as the original and it's quite a pain). On top of that they are very, very used (and old) and I'm expecting issues with the cabling soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back