Good ~$500 close-eared headphones?
Dec 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JD1993

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been looking for a pair of close-eared headphones for around $500 that I can use comfortably in a car or a noisy environment. Comfort and durability is a pretty big deal to me, and good isolation is a definite. I prefer relatively flat headphones, and I really can't stand it if its really bass heavy. Mids are very important to me, and I l don't like recession in them. Also, while soundstage isn't extremely important to me, imaging is. I listen to all types of music, so a more rounded and versatile pair of headphones would be better. I was looking at the Denon AH-D600's, but they are relatively new and there aren't too many reviews out there for them. Do you have any recommendations?

Edit (12/17/12): I would be willing to up my budget a bit if there's a pair of headphones for like $70 or $80 more. Also, I'm looking at the Beyerdynamic T70P's. Would those fit my needs?

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 3
If you want flat headphones, I suggest you stay away from the Denons since they are more oriented to bass section of the frequency.

I never heard of these but they are usually preferred for flat headphones:

- KRK KNS 8400
- Shure 440
- LFF Paradox (Fostex mod, if you can crank up your budget a little more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back