Good 3.5mm case for headphones(replaceble mod)
Dec 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

exhornet

Head-Fier
Do you guys use or know any good, small body 3.5mm female connectors? I have to buy them from ebay but not sure which one. They all seemed to me very low quality, or I couldn't find them. I will mod my hd 518. It has 2.5mm connector on one side but I need something more universal. Also I happen to have a good cable(3.5mm to 3.5mm).

Any one could take a minute to look to ebay? All help very appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=3.5mm+stereo+jack+female&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=3.5mm+stereo+panel&_sacat=0

Follow up question: Does solders quality or quantity affects the sound? I am able to attach cables or whatever needs to be attached with hot glue. Cables will have plenty of surface touching each other. Is that ok? Or should I go with soldering?

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 13
Yeah that piece sure looks good. I saw people using it on their M-50s.

Ok, then somewhere else is accepted now. But I need to buy somethings more. Can't pay 20$ of shipping for this piece. I guess I am also buy some good neutric jacks and cables. Or soldering iron. Anybody know such a store, with worldwide shipping?

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:
Yeah that piece sure looks good. I saw people using it on their M-50s.

Ok, then somewhere else is accepted now. But I need to buy somethings more. Can't pay 20$ of shipping for this piece. I guess I am also buy some good neutric jacks and cables. Or soldering iron. Anybody know such a store, with worldwide shipping?

I am not in the US, and I am going to be using Allied Electronics, and get Shipito to forward the package to my address. I am going to be buying a few jacks, and a few enclosures for some amps I am making, and shipping is just over $20. This is not very practical for a 3.5mm jack, though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 13
That was what I exactly tried to say. Not practical.

How do you fordward shipping? What does it costs? That would be awesome to buy from stores that ships only in usa.

Just curiosity, what kind a amp do yo plan to build? Maybe I also go for it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 13
That was what I exactly tried to say. Not practical.

How do you fordward shipping? What does it costs? That would be awesome to buy from stores that ships only in usa.

Just curiosity, what kind a amp do yo plan to build? Maybe I also go for it.

I am planning to build an Objective2 amp and an ODAC. Head n Hifi (swalter on headfi) seems to be the best place to buy. Cheap shipping as well.

I'm going to use Shipito for my package forwarding. You set up an account, ship it to their address, and they ship it to you. They charge $8.50 for the service and a small amount for their air mail shipping. It is not worth it for small parts like jacks, though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah I saw that place. Seems nice and offers europlug AC/AC adaptor. Which I couldn't find it anywhere here.

Which option will you go? Full kit for 80$, or just pcb and parts? I also consider to buy an O2 amp kit from there. I was already planning to, that came convinient :)

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Yeah I saw that place. Seems nice and offers europlug AC/AC adaptor. Which I couldn't find it anywhere here.

Which option will you go? Full kit for 80$, or just pcb and parts? I also consider to buy an O2 amp kit from there. I was already planning to, that came convinient :)

I am going for the PCB and parts, as I want to order a taller case to fit extra componentry in, and I will have no need for the front panel and case that comes with the kit. I am not sure whether to buy batteries or not, as I will be using it as a desktop amp. The power adapter looks good, but it does not suit my style of plug. I have an adapter that will work with it, though.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 13
The parts are all same with jdslab's? I am worried about this. They can be cheaper substitute. (Not opamps, they same), like carbon resistors instead of metal film resistors, cheaper capasitors etc. Also they talk about version of pcb. Is it latest version from nwavguy? Guess I should ask these questions to them :D

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
The parts are all same with jdslab's? I am worried about this. They can be cheaper substitute. (Not opamps, they same), like carbon resistors instead of metal film resistors, cheaper capasitors etc. Also they talk about version of pcb. Is it latest version from nwavguy? Guess I should ask these questions to them :D

Resistor type really doesn't matter, and the PCB from Walter is always the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back