Good 16 ohms headset under 40 USD ?
Sep 19, 2006 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dark`Crimson

New Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me models of good headsets with impedance 16 ohms, and priced uder 40 USD? I tryed to google, but I couldn't find anything speciefic. I need to by 16 ohms headset to use it with my mobile mp3 player, cuz my present 32 ohms headset sounds twice quieter since the output of the mp3's amplifier is for 16 ohms load...
Can anyone help, I'd apreciate it much!
PS: I'd be happy if you tell me several models, cuz I live in Eastern Europe, where some things are too hard to find.
frown.gif

Thank you all in advance!
280smile.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 9
I think the HD201 is really low ohmage. It's also around $20.

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflac
I think the HD201 is really low ohmage. It's also around $20.

32ohms but they sound tiny..

not all hign imp phones sound tiny. just give it a try on some 32ohm ones like px100 or ksc75(60ohms)

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 9
Ohms don't work quite like that. You'll find the HD201 to need MUCH more power than nearly any other phone you've tried.

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 9
So what you suggest me to do, go and try them before buying them to see if they'll still sound tiny?
If yes, I agree it's a good idea, but quality headset here in BG you can order only online, no store to test ones before buying them
frown.gif

Now I'm also confused
confused.gif
, how impedance works then if not that way, maybe the higher SPL would do the work, the ones I've tryed are 104dB.
I can't understand if it's not the impedance then why some shi**y earplugs for 7USD sound twice louder than this headset, only thing I know that the player's earplugs (the shi**y ones I wrote above) are 16 ohms, I doubt they have higher SPL...
BTW the HD201 are 24 ohms.

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark`Crimson
So what you suggest me to do, go and try them before buying them to see if they'll still sound tiny?
If yes, I agree it's a good idea, but quality headset here in BG you can order only online, no store to test ones before buying them
frown.gif

Now I'm also confused
confused.gif
, how impedance works then if not that way, maybe the higher SPL would do the work, the ones I've tryed are 104dB.
I can't understand if it's not the impedance then why some shi**y earplugs for 7USD sound twice louder than this headset, only thing I know that the player's earplugs (the shi**y ones I wrote above) are 16 ohms, I doubt they have higher SPL...
BTW the HD201 are 24 ohms.

oh, sorry about that

HD201
Transducer: Dynamic
Type: Circumaural, Closed
Frequency Response: 21 - 18,000 Hz
Impedance: 24.0 Ω
SPL: 92.0 dB

24 and they still sound tiny
redface.gif

dont worry too much about the imp.

Sep 19, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 9
The most sensitive "real" headphone in this price class is the AKG K26P - 125 dB SPL / 1 mW, or 110 dB / 1 Vrms. If your MP3 player doesn't go REAL loud with these, I don't know what will. Alternatively I'd look at Creative's EP-630, 106 dB / 1 mW, or 124 dB/ 1Vrms, with more isolation.

BTW, players with awfully weak outputs typically are capped software wise. I would look for US or Asian firmware for the thing. (I mean, my iAudio G3 is spec'd for 12+12 mW into 16 ohm and will drive even vintage HD420SLs to perfectly sufficient levels - and these are 600 ohm 94 dB / mW beasts, i.e. 96 dB / 1 Vrms.)

Sep 19, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
The most sensitive "real" headphone in this price class is the AKG K26P - 125 dB SPL / 1 mW, or 110 dB / 1 Vrms. If your MP3 player doesn't go REAL loud with these, I don't know what will. Alternatively I'd look at Creative's EP-630, 106 dB / 1 mW, or 124 dB/ 1Vrms, with more isolation.

BTW, players with awfully weak outputs typically are capped software wise. I would look for US or Asian firmware for the thing. (I mean, my iAudio G3 is spec'd for 12+12 mW into 16 ohm and will drive even vintage HD420SLs to perfectly sufficient levels - and these are 600 ohm 94 dB / mW beasts, i.e. 96 dB / 1 Vrms.)

THX a lot sgrossklass!
lambda.gif
I'll give them a try, btw two days ago I've put the latest firmware it improved the representation of some frequencies , but still it sounds lound only with the cheap earplugs. Anyway I'll look for AKG K26P or Creative EP-630
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back