Good £20 earphones?
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

oli_ramsay

Head-Fier
I'm in the market for some new earphones, the last pair I had were some (possibly fake) CX500's from ebay, but I lost them. I'm after a new pair and my max budget is £20. the only pairs I know are good for that price is the Sennheiser CX300-500 range.

Do you know of any better noise-isolating earphones for this price?

Also I know that there are a lot of fake cx500's knocking about especially on ebay. Is there any chance that I'll get a fake pair from here: (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...7112354&sr=8-1)
What raises my suspicion is the price, they are as cheap as the fake ones on ebay, and I'm not sure whether these amazon traders are reliable or not.

Thanks in advance for your help
regular_smile .gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolperl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to look after Denons C351.

As for the cx500 at amazon, they are 100% fakes.

Thanks for the heads up, I don't want to be ripped off again. The Denon C351's seem to be slightly out of my price range.

I've also had my eye on the cx300's from play.com
(Play.com (UK) : Sennheiser CX 300 In-Ear Headphones (Black) : Electronics - Free Delivery). I'm wondering if I might get fakes by ordering the cheaper £12.50 ones from AUDIO4LESS. Is it worth the risk or should I just order straight from play at £17.99?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 12
My advice is to just play it safe, and not get CX300s. They are excruciatingly easy to fake. Amazon.co.uk has a deal on until the 28th of November, £18 for the Klipsch
Custom-1s. I'm ordering them later tonight, and might try to write a review... There don't seem to be many knocking about, but the problem is I have almost no audiophilic experience.

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobofthedead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My advice is to just play it safe, and not get CX300s. They are excruciatingly easy to fake. Amazon.co.uk has a deal on until the 28th of November, £18 for the Klipsch
Custom-1s. I'm ordering them later tonight, and might try to write a review... There don't seem to be many knocking about, but the problem is I have almost no audiophilic experience.

Very nice find! I think I've found my new earphones!
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 12
I liked the AKG K 314 P a lot. I never thought I'd enjoy a £15 earphone as much. I bought them out of curiosity. I walked by chance into a home cinema hi-fi retailer which stocked a couple of AKG headphones and the K314P. They had a 4-stars score from What Hi-fi magazine 2007 on the package and the sign "Clear Sound" - I just couldn't resist. also I never heard an AKG hp so this was for me the chance of hearing the AKG sound signature I read on many comments.

I liked their sound so much that I sold the D2000 and will get AKG701 soon. they're not bass heavy - as you'd expect from AKG - but not lack of either IMO, and the vocals are just fantastic.
never heard the cx500's but I'd guess them to be more bass heavy, at the expense of clarity. bloated sound
angry_face.gif

at their price - best money ever spent

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobofthedead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Damn, that is insane low price...
regular_smile .gif
Almost on fake-level.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Well, Klipsch Customs are relatively new, and harder to fake than the CXx range, because of better packaging, non-generic silicone thingamabobbles and more accessories included, such as a case, so it's unlikely that they'd be faked. Plus, it's Amazon itself selling them, not a Marketplace shop, and if they were caught selling fakes, Amazon International would have hell to pay...

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #12 of 12
Can't go wrong with the Klipsch Custom 1's for £17.99, that's practically giving them away. I'd buy some now if I wasn't about to order some Denon C751's.

I could just ditch my mates 18th and order the klipsch's though
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back