gonna sell xbox and get ps3
Apr 27, 2010 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
ok, so after this paragraph i totally go off topic, but it's still worth reading, but what i meant to do with this thread was ask whether you think i should sell my xbox360 and get a ps3. i probably won't be making the purchase for several months, and certainly not until fatwallet or someone else hooks me up with a kickass deal; i think used is out becuase of warranty: ps3's only have 1yr warranty eh? that sucks compared to 3yrs on the ybox (i like calling it the y oh y box)..............................anyway because i basically buy nothing without it being a killer deal. my jirst PJ i boughtusfor $500 online with staples on black friday; it was the fabled 480p infocus 4805. anyway, i watched it for over a year, nearly killed the bulb, then when on ebay and sold for over $600. that's basically how i do it. before i got really sick i was reselling stuff on ebay like dell laptops and i want to get back into it but the well has run a little dry. but basically, the xbox has just begun to boor me. in fact, it really comes down to this: i don't see any xbox exclusives other than halo reach (and i'm really pretty over halo, and i've never owned a ps, ps2, or ps3. basically the ps3 exclusives like god of war. ninja gaiden sigma 1 and 2 (i know it's a rehash in a lot of ways, but i beat neinja gaiden black on normal and i think it was the absolutely pinnacle of the xbox; an absolutely perfect game, and if you couldn't handle it, black, added a "super easy" mode. regardless, playing on normal was damn hard buy i like games like that; don't want all my games to be that way, but at least a few. like once i get ps3 i'll get demon's souls eventually just to torture myslelf. the other thing is that the ps3 also has netflix streaming now like the xbox does (god i love that do damned much)..............but what the xbox doesn't have is a bluray player. i bought the hddvd player for the xbox for like $20 when they were basically giving them away, and bought a bunch of great films for like $3 each. you gotta admit, that was kickass. amazon had a goldrush. but after watching the big lebowski a million times it's time to bump netflix up to bluray mode and start getting my bluray on. it's a 720p pj (infocus x9), not a 1080p. i'd dig a 1080p, but the cost just ain't happening at the moment. unless i find a kickass deal.................anyway, i don't want any "which one has better graaphics" stupid debates. i mean jesus, it's damn close, they both look nice, let's end the deal; also, i have to address the upcoming touch-motion possibilities. if the wii makes me fall in love with it, and i dearly hope that wih the few months i have to play it before i have to give it away as a birthday present, i'll get sick of the shoddy graphix and kiddy games and be back to mass effect 2. anywyay, i like the ps3 move the best our of the upcoming devices. the natal looks like a REALLY fun party game type thing, but for accurate, kickass gaming, like shooters and such, you're gonna need more accuracy and some actual buttons, so i think it's ps3 fo rme; so i think it's ps3 for me, i want to play the god of war collection on ps3. i haven't played either gow1 or gow2 and i think by the time i play through gow1 and gow2, the price of gow3 will have come down and i'll be ready to rock it. i never play gems when they come out and i never pay full price. $30's about my max for a game, $20 is more like it.
.........................................so are there any xbox360 exclusives i'm forgetting that are forthcoming that i shoul keep my box for???????????????????????btw: i happen to have two boxes becuase one his broke but still under warranty and i gotta send it in to get fixed. now that i've actually been improving from my horrific, completelly debilitating lyme disease, i've got a ****load of garage stuff to sell, a 2009 VW rabbit with 5k miles that i payed $1300 out the door; got $3500 from cash for clunkers (which just so happened at the perfect time becuase my 94 explorer was about to die and cost more than it was worth to revive. too bad we couldn't get the $4500 from the govt. could have if we bough honda fit, but the very first sthing they told us on their lot was that they wouldn't deal one penny on the fit, cause it was selling like hotcakes cuz of cash for clunks. anyway, we managed, after walking to the door and getting stopped by the manager (possibly scripted, but i don't think so)..............we got them to give us the base model 2009 silver manual 2dr rabbit for $13k even out the door. and that's with about $1500 in tax, title, reg, and all the wonderful california fees. anyway, now that i'm going to sell, kelly bluy book values it at $15k, but there are so few out there, and my searching of autotrader leads me to believe i might just get $16k. then i buy a $5k toyota tacoma, pay off $6k of credit card bills, and save the rest

peace

what da ya think?

i'm gonna have a 22" monitor as my pc monitor (mainly) and i'm painting a wall and puttin gup a projector for about 120" screen for video games and films (maybe)

but i'm gonna connect the two dvi's ports on my desktop, one to the 22 and the other to the pj, a DVI to DVI for the 22, and a DVI to HDMI for the PJ

actually, the pj only has one HDMI PORT SO I GOT a 3-way splitter and i'll plug in hdmi cables from the pc, ps3, and cable box into them, cuz hell, why both with even component quality after i've payed all this for a home theater, might as well make everything HDMI. the only thing that won't be is if i try to hookup a old vhs or old camcorder, and for that i don't give much of a **** about the vid quality.

anyway, i'm running cables into the ceiling, and then accross to the wall the image will be on; down inside th wall, and out the bottom. i'll be running everything: hdmi, component, coposite, svid and composite; everything that connects to the pj. basically 99% of the time i'll just be using the HDMI that i'll have cable box, ps3, and desktop connected to.

and i'm gonna paint the wall for the screen so it'll be cheap. price is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a factor with my. i'm poor. i gotta sell my nearly brand new VW 2009 rabbit (4.5k miles), and get a $5k 100k miles toyota tacoma. my VW is a manaul and i have a disease and even if i didn't it would be a PITA to drive around socal.

BTW: MY little brother and sister in law are getting a wii for their birthdays in mid june, but i convinced my dad to let me buy it first, and then i could play all the best games that otherwise i'd never get a chance to play. so i bought them: mario kart, super mario bros, super mario galaxy, zelda twilight

and i also picked up resident evil 4 for something like $13, and i bought a component cable ((btw: anyone playing a wii with the standard composite cable that comes with it on an HDTV should be shot). oh, and i got the component, well made, thick netted jacket around the cable, and for less than $10 shipped overnight from monoprice. my folks, if you don't use monoprice.com for cables, attatchments, speaker cables, iphone, ipod, ds etc. etc. wii etc. etc. accessories, you're a monkey

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 17
yes, and no, the kids will not be playing RE4, i'll be selling it to someone.

if anyone has good ideas on how to make money telecommute style, my goal is to have a small RV and travel about. i can always wait tables wherever

anyway, any good idea for telecommute would be nice. i'll drive around running netstumbler (with a screen up i the front)...........and when i find an open net, i'll park there, use it for work if i'm doing a "from home" call center type thing. i draw the line on telecommuting, but i worked in a call center before. i think i may find one to work in here for more experience. then again, waiting tables would be a hell of a lot more predictable, and i'll actually meet people. becuase my memory foam queen mattress aint just for me, it's for me and all my lovelies. oh, and it would be a lot more predictable to not have to log on everytime i need to work.

.................BTW: i'm gonna put a H U G E wifi antenna on the roof of the rv, along with a longboard and shortboard, a carrier to carry extra stuff, and on the back of the rv will be a nice little dual sport motorcycle so i can take off anywhere, including across the utah desert ; i'll move real slow to save gas; savor each place slowly, and use my motorbike to drive everywhere around at 79mpg. anyway, what i have in mind is a small class C rv. a class C is basically your classic winnebago look with the bed over the driver's seat. and i want a small class C. something inconspicuous. the ide being: this isn't some poacher just parking his rv here and poaching your wifi, it's just an RV of someone who lives there. and if the heat comes on, i just move down the road. pretty good plan too eh??? and i think i'll rip out whatever crappy lounge is in the back and put in a full on lazboy type recliner. it'll be my god chair; for reading, for watching tv on my rooftop dish, or more likely watching bittorent off my computer or video games off the same

and before someone chimes in with "how dare you steel internet from someone!!!!! give me a freaking break. i'll mooch a little bandwidth for like a day, which will cause hem alll of no problems whatsoever. it's time to start sharing a little people; share it up; can i get an amen!!!!!!

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 17
With Solid_Snake, both have pros and cons so I ended up getting both. Just stay away from a few new release games, wait for prices to drop used, or play a few old games for a while and you'll have enough money to get the second console. Simple.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Primetime1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Halo Reach Beta on May 3rd, enough said ....

biggrin.gif
i'm excited, too!

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 17
Uzziah... That post made my eyes bleed.

Given that the most notable of the 360 exclusives don't appeal to me (Not a fan of Halo, Mass Effect or Gears) I'm a little biased.

Exclusives are a great way to judge which console is worth getting/keeping, but don't forget the bonus features. The PS3 is very versatile (efficient blu-ray, DivX/Mp3 via USB, built-in wireless card, web browsing, free online service, exclusives).

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 17
I own a PS3, my roommate owned a xbox 360. He too has switched over to the PS3.
Online fees, no blu ray capabilities, and the exclusive games weren't good enough for him, and same as me. Ever since i laid my hands on a PS3 i never looked back.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 17
jesus christ i have a problem; i am a writer and i think i have something that is basically the opposite of writer's block: let's call it writer's vomit

somehow i can't avoid spewing walls of text everywhere i go. i just write and write, and want to write some more, and i can see right here, right now how this could turn into a three page long rant about ranting and writing. i have an addiction. help me please. y'all are right, my walls of text do make eyes bleed, help me

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #12 of 17
Systems today are just amazing, I remember when I was younger and going to my friends house to play Atari. Berserk, Pong and the tank games were the games to have back then, I play mostly comp games now though , I have had most of the new systems out there like Xbox360, PS3, and for my kids the Wii, and I know this is way off T, but either way you decide to go, there is no perfect system (yet), all have their positives and negatives. I will add just one more comment, I do miss the original Nintendo most of all, huge Mario fan.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm not mistaken the PS3 HD output maxes out at 720P, I'm sure if I'm wrong I will be corrected ;P

1080p actually
regular_smile .gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1080p actually
regular_smile .gif

This is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back