Gonna RockBox my new iMod...have some questions.
Oct 14, 2007 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RIDE

100+ Head-Fier
Hey gang...

So I have an 80GB iMod on the way...should be here tomorrow...I'm VERY excited indeed. I am essentially starting from scratch with my music, as I am now going to re-rip everything to lossless to take full advantage of my new machine
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are my questions:

1. With the current iMod, lossless files, and RockBox...I know that my battery life will be greatly reduced. Anyone have a general idea of what I should expect?

2. As for storing my music...I wanted to do that on an external hardrive this time. Anyone out there doing this? Is it harder to get your music onto your device vs. having it on your local machine?

3. I have used Apple iTunes for so long, but wanted to hear what others did who did not use iTunes. Anyone using Ogg Vorbis?

I have been reading threads for quite a while now...and been Googling my arse off
frown.gif
so I thought I'd see if anyone had some advice and/or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

RIDE

Oct 14, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I just go my iMod last month and have been burning it in on and off since I got it. All of the music on it is in Apple lossless format. I found that with the equalizer on (rock setting if it matters) it would run continously for about 10 hours and then the battery would be completely dead. Turning the equalizer off knocked it up to 14 hours.

I purchased my iMod from ALO. It came with the Super Portable System package offer. Its a refurbished iPod, but "new".

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 3
I use an external 500gig hardrive to store my music. I just pointed itunes to that drive in advanced preferences , no problems at all.

Your Ipod will load seamlessly from your main computer accessing the external HD
For speaker listening I stream via transporter.

you can get a usb 500gig external for under 100.00 if you look around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back