Gonna be a crazy blockbuster summer this year...
Apr 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
This is going to be a wild summer (Indy, Hellboy, Speed Racer, Tropic Thunder, etc.... not to mention Pineapple Express). Anyone looking forward to Hancock, another July 4th Will Smith offering?

New 'Hancock' Video - Cinematical

EDIT: Looks like that link is down. Try this.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 24
looking forward to:
iron man
hancock
batman 2
mario kart wii, ssb (games)
new headphones
amps
and soo much more. stupid exams are... well stupid. soo easy but need to do revision to ensure oxford. hoiiiii bothersome. but i guess worth it.

but yea, is it just me or is will smith a brilliant all around actor. comedian,action,drama. and i really cant think of any bad film from him. so yea, def looking forward to it.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 24
I'm mostly looking forward to Indiana Jones, with Iron Man at a close second.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #6 of 24
Wanted (Night Watch anyone?)
The Dark Knight
The Incredible Hulk - hopefully Edward Norton will do for Hulk what Bale did for Batman.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Fincher fans, ASSEMBLE!

and Starcraft 2.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailboat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted (Night Watch anyone?)

When I saw the trailer for that I had no desire to see it at all. Can't stand Jolie. However when I found out it was by Timur Bekmambetov I figure I'll have to give it a chance.

Supposedly the final movie will take place in the US instead of Russia.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 24
I thought the Hancock trailer looked very promising. But there is a chance that they showed us all the funnies in the trailer itself and the rest of the movie is just crap.

As for the others, I frankly dont expect Iron Man to be all that great. Batman is definitely going to be awesome. Indiana Jones is a 50-50.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but yea, is it just me or is will smith a brilliant all around actor. comedian,action,drama. and i really cant think of any bad film from him. so yea, def looking forward to it.

Very true. I, Robot, Independence Day, Men in Black, Hitch, Pursuit of Happyness, etc. All great movies.

I didn't find the Hancock trailer particularly funny (except for the whale part), but it'll definitely be a great movie.

WALL-E is another movie that I want to watch this summer. A kiddie movie, but it looks like it'll be hilarious and cute.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 24
In terms of summer releases I'm looking forward to the following:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Mister Lonely
The Midnight Meat Train
Tracey Fragments
Incredible Hulk
The Happening (want to see if Shamalamala can rejuvenate himself)
Wall-E
Hellboy 2

I too am also eager for Benjamin Button, however I think that's slated for a December release.

This weekend I'm going to check out Zombie Strippers, The Year my Parents Went of Vacation, and My Blueberry Nights.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This weekend I'm going to check out Zombie Strippers, The Year my Parents Went of Vacation, and My Blueberry Nights.

I don't know how it will stand using Zombie Strippers as base zero, but if you use Chungking Express, In the Mood for Love, 2046, etc. be aware My Blueberry Nights is nearly a complete disaster. Even the negative reviews are softballs. And the blame falls solely on WKK.

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 24
Thanks for that feedback. I hadn't been keeping up with the reviews on Blueberry. I just saw it had Portman in it and instantly wanted to check it out.

The same theater is showing "Where in the World is Osama bin Laden" and "In Bruges". Perhaps I'll check out one of those instead.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I saw the trailer for that I had no desire to see it at all. Can't stand Jolie. However when I found out it was by Timur Bekmambetov I figure I'll have to give it a chance.

Supposedly the final movie will take place in the US instead of Russia.

Yeah, I thought it was worth seeing because he only directed Russian movies and all of a sudden he's got a movie with James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman!

Hollywood must see a lot of potential in him.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #15 of 24
On the other side of entertainment, there's Sea of Dust, which reportedly will feature Stephen Malkmus music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back