$$ gone ... K1000 to blame.
Jun 1, 2003 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ddriveman

100+ Head-Fier
There, I've done it now. Not only have I just recently acquired the AKG K1000 but I've now gone and ordered a pair of LadyDay+ 300B SET monoblock amps with the Django TVC preamp in order to drive them. Costs over $1900 for the set from DIYHiFi Supply (http://www.diyhifisupply.com/).
Call it excessive, compulsive head-fi addiction and very sorry for my wallet.
I am enjoying the K1000 very much through my Cyber 30 tube amps but headroom is on the low side. Hence the need to get a more powerful amp. I thought about the RKV and the Twinhead Mk II but then the thought of having yet another headamp (at such high price) caused me to push up more and consider a true amp that can also drive decent speakers.
Now I am also seriously considering horn speakers such as the Oris, LothX and Lowthers.
This could be an interseting combination for the AKG1000 since the price for a standard configuration is close to the Twinhead Mk II.
Will report once the amps are built

Jun 1, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 3
You might want to check out these speakers also. They are supposed to sound real good with low powered tube amps. Cicada speakers at www.mothaudio.com

Jun 2, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
You might want to check out these speakers also. They are supposed to sound real good with low powered tube amps. Cicada speakers at www.mothaudio.com

Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. They look nice. Not sure if I can find a pair to listen to in Hong Kong though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back