Gone 4 years and back for new phones
Mar 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Baenwort

New Head-Fier
Well, I've managed successfully resist the bug for over 4 years but today the left ear tube on my Ety-4s snapped the little plastic tube that goes from the driver unit through the earplug.

I've need to get a new set of headphones for traveling and working out and looking around the forums there are a lot of new canal phones since I was here last. I use a Headroom Cosmic both at home and with a battery pack when I'm out of the house. My normal listening phones are a set of 250ohm Beyer DT770 that I'm happy with(and am not allowed to upgrade at this time
wink.gif
).

I have a budget of ~$350 as that's what I got the Etys for originally and the old negotiation is still in effect(aka playing innocent).

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 6
If you like the analytical sounds of the er4, just stick to them. I don't think the more expensive solutions get that much better, mostly because of diminishing returns. Multi driver solutions can give a different experience, usually beefing up the bass and bass impact.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 6
You could get a set of livewires/super freqs for that, including the cost of impressions...

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 6
What is the difference between the Livewires/super freqs? Are they just two different brands of the same concept?

I've tried searching for a Ety4s vs Livewire but I could not find a direct comparison of them.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baenwort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the difference between the Livewires/super freqs? Are they just two different brands of the same concept?

I've tried searching for a Ety4s vs Livewire but I could not find a direct comparison of them.

Sort of, livewires are dual driver, with detachable cable, freqs are triple driver, but non removable cable. Freq are coming out with a version with detachable cable in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back