Goldring DR150 - buzzing noise?
Jun 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fufula

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I've started noticing some really annoying distortions/buzzing sounds in my left headphone acompanying bass in songs etc. today. I've had these headphones for a few months now and everything was fine up until now. I use them primarily for gaming, some CD-s.

Last night I left the Ventrilo on and went afk, when I came back there was one person sending a some really loud static-like noise. Could that possibly damage the headphones somehow? Other than that they're in perfect condition - I didn't drop them, always put them carefully on the desk... It's not my sound card or my computer (tested with another set of headphones as well as speakers).

I took them apart, cleaned them, and the only thing I've noticed is that when I move the left headphone around (when it's not attached), I can "fix it" for a few seconds. But then, when I put the headphones back together, the buzzing sound is back again. Could that be the thin cables inside acting up? If so, is it possible to replace them? :\

Jun 29, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 3
hmm, that's weird.... i heard of some problem someone had with the bass which was due to some piece of hair vibrating inside but since you cleaned them... maybe you should check if all the little cables are solidly attached where they should be... if they're not, then you indeed might have to replace them... you'd have to go see in the DIY section to find out how to fix it...

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Heh, turns out there were two tiny pieces of hair stuck under that thin layer of sponge. I didn't think about tearing it off until after I read your post, so thanks. They sound great once again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back