Goldring DR150 and soundcard with integrated amp
Sep 10, 2006 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lavik

New Head-Fier
I'm sorry if someone feels this is posted in the wrong category. I did post it under "computer as source" initially, but since I didn't get any response, I got uncertain if it was the right category.

I've just purchased this headset (the Goldring DR150). Connected to my onboard soundstorm soundcard, I get a lot of hiss and something that sounds like harddisk-activity(!).

So I've been advised to buy a new soundcard. I'm not really looking for a dedicated amp, and have looked into the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 which, I've been told, has an integrated headphone-amp.

Will this be a good combination?

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 4
I wouldn't worry about it. I have the DR150 plugged into a cheap Chaintech -- into a port that in fact everyone I talked to said "absolutely needed amplification." So I jumped the gun and bought a PengAmp from ebay. After obsessively listening to it amped and unamped, I could absolutely not find any appreciable difference. You may want to consider the Chaintech instead, I doubt you'd hear a difference between it and the M-Audio with these cans.

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, and thanks for your feedback. I did consider the Chaintec AV-710, but it's nowhere to be found here in Norway. Anyways, I got the M-Audio relatively cheap so I bought it, hope it arrives soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back