Goldmund Telos HDA
Sep 28, 2014 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tricka

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard one?

I have one turning up in a couple weeks...

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 15
I read the 6 moons review. Doesn't look bad. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 15
  Anyone heard one?

I have one turning up in a couple weeks...

It is a very very very fine-sounding amp/DAC. You will need to have absolutely clean ground power or a good, clean transformer. But it is lovely.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 15
they have a "version 2" with a strange "bi-naural" mode
confused.gif
  Did someone heard this new feature ?

UPDATE :  TODAY   I listened to the THA2 today with my dealer.  We found the sound very good but...  neither myself nor my dealer could hear any difference between the STD and the BINAURAL position of the switch !! 
mad.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #8 of 15
@bmichels

What is your general impression of the Telos HDA, compared to some head amps you heard before, like your own Eddie Current 445 or a Viva Audio 2A3?

Well the sound was quite nice and precise. Pleasant. Sorry i can't say much more since it was in trade show, BUT the thing is that neither myself nor the importer could hear any Binaural effect when tuning ON the " Binaural switch".

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 15
I also noticed that it was not very powerful: I was at 3 O'clock with my ED5 !

so may be it was a defective unit ? (no "Binaural effect" + not powerful )

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #11 of 15

Sorry to interject in this thread, but volume knob position means nothing about power.  It's only an indication of the gain.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #12 of 15

For the Goldmund HDA, gain is internally adjustable via a switch.  It is set to "low-gain" by default at the factory.  Most high-quality headphone designs feature low to moderate sensitivity, for which the "high-gain" setting allows better use of the full range & play of the volume control.

My original HDA (without the binaural circuit) is switched to "high-gain", which best suits my Hifiman HE1000, Oppo PM-1 and ATH ESW11LTD.

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #13 of 15
Re the "bi-naural" mode of the THA-2: has someone heard a signifiant effect with this feature ?  I couldn't hear a difference between ON and OFF !

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #14 of 15
so Telos vs Chord DAVE? anyone :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back