Golden State Pops Orchestra - SuperHeroes and Beyond Concert (SoCal)
Jul 6, 2006 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
I'm going, anyone else?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm a big fan of Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, the GSPO is a Mini-me influenced version. They draw a lot of influence from Erich Kunzel. They normally perform at the Warner Theater in San Pedro (right down the road from me), but it's being rennovated right now (yeah!) and this concert will be Belliflower this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPO
Superheroes and Beyond

From comics to video games...from TV to the silver screen...superheroes have always brought great enjoyment for people of all ages. Now hear the themes and go on a journey with Superman.
conductor and featured artists

Steven Allen Fox, Music Director
Nolan Livesay, Assistant Conductor

program

Through an Exclusive Arrangement with composer John Ottman this performance will include the new Superman Returns Suite plus:

Symphonic Suite from Superman
Batman
Spider-Man
X-men 2
and more...

performance dates and times

Sun8/20/2006William Bristol Auditorium in Bellflower, CA3:00 PM

http://www.gspo.com/concert.asp?nav=Schedule&cID=19

-Ed

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Count me in.

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Went to the Concert today.

The Belliflower Civic Center was nice, but too small for the orchestra. But it was very nice to have as a venue while the Warner Grand Theater is being rennovated.

The acoustics were weird and percussians were a bit overwhelming the strings as a result. But the timpani drum benefitted greatly from the smaller space.

Overall, I liked the concert a lot. Superman Themes, Batman Begins, and Spiderman were very well done.

Not sure about the "Battleworlds" thing though.

I didn't see any other Head-Fier's there so, you guys missed out.

I guess I'll put a link or annoucement in the Members Lounge next time to get more exposure. The GSPO is a great little gem of an Orchestra in Southern California. Tickets are very cheap.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back