"Gold standard" in-ear headphones for less than $100?
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Andrew936

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I'm new here - my apologies if this is in the wrong subforum, or you don't usually field questions like this. I'm looking for a new pair of in-ear headphones, and I'm on a bit of a budget. I was wondering what you thought the absolute classic <$100 IEMs were for someone who's not necessarily a real audiophile, but nonetheless wants a great, balanced sound and an overall excellent set of in-ear headphones.

Just so you can get an idea of where I'm coming from, I don't have an amp and most of my library is mp3/AACs (about a third of it is 128kpbs). I used to have a set of NuForce NE-6s, which were great, but they've since been discontinued. I was looking at the Klipsch image S4, but I wasn't sure if it would be a waste to get those. Although pretty much anything would be a step up from the Apple earbuds that came with my iPod (which I intend to do most of my listening on), I just wanted to get an idea of the really iconic budget IEMs that are universally thought to be a great value.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 4
It really depends on what your preferred sound signature is. You can check out Joker's IEM review thread here and should find it useful.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 4
The Hifiman RE0 is a popular pick for under 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back