Gold Alloy IC's?
Jun 22, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 5
the new Bogdan Silver Princess's (dispite the name) use a gold alloy for the lead, Audio Metallurgy GA-2, and darn i forget the other one I have seen right now...aside from that I am not sure about too many more...

the one pair of DIY gold alloys I have heard have very similar characteristics to copper ICs... didnt have enough time to compare too much so I wont say much more.

Also, there are many gold alloys out there made up of various other metals so that is bound to have an influence as well.

Jun 22, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 5
In my experience with gold-plating on musical instruments the gold has a more dark and warm sound than silver which is bright and ringy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
the new Bogdan Silver Princess's (dispite the name) use a gold alloy for the lead, Audio Metallurgy GA-2, and darn i forget the other one I have seen right now...aside from that I am not sure about too many more...

the one pair of DIY gold alloys I have heard have very similar characteristics to copper ICs... didnt have enough time to compare too much so I wont say much more.

Also, there are many gold alloys out there made up of various other metals so that is bound to have an influence as well.

Jun 23, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 5
There you go, this company manufactures IC cables using a dash of gold to
spice up their silver conductors.
tongue.gif

http://www.siltechcables.com/nfhomepa.html

Setmenu
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
Anybody know what these sound like and where to get some?

I only heard the Siltech G5 series cables ( iirc they used gold as conductor as well as silver ), the gold seems to add a touch of body and naturalness.
A flip side is they can sound a tad slow but I found that the Siltech is pretty nice mix of virtues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back