Going wireless, but will my quility suffer?
Sep 3, 2008 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jlw

Head-Fier
Im going wireless, in a soon future - I belive.

Im after some headphone that have Long batterylife, Sounds great...

Right now I have Beyerdynamic DT990 that I am ery pleased with. I use them direct into my computer (Macbook pro). No Amp, and using them in my tv, without any amp. Will a wireless model, sound good as my DT990? (without any amp)

Idears of models?

I have seen Beyerdynamics wireless headphone, with ony 5 hour battery life!!! That is a large LoL. :wink:

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 7
I have never listened to the DT990's but, I am almost sure SQ will suffer from the "cutting of the cable" on any wireless headphones. All of the wireless headphones I've heard were awful. I may be wrong but I have never seen audiophile quality wireless headphones.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 7
With wireless cans, you have a fixed DAC and amplification for your headphones. I think the signal is almost always carried in digital form to the cans. That usually means that the transmission box inputs analog signal, converts it to digital, sends it wireless, your can grabs it, converts to analog and amplifies it.

Maybe the better 'phones receive analog signal that can be far better (because you can upgrade the DAC section, but still no amplification upgrades).

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Personally, I'm interested in more products incorporating Kleer's new digital wireless technology. Apparently bandwidth is >2Mb/sec, so you can transmit a fully uncompressed digital stream wirelessly, which suggests you should be able to reproduce nearly flawless SQ.

Jude already reviewed the Senn MX W1's here. And it looked promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back