Going Wii Hunting
Jun 16, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #16 of 25
2bh, wii is not meant for sole play. and why would you want to play alone anyway. loads of me and my freinds have wiis, and almost everyday of the week, we are at someones house (including mine) laying mk, or wii sport. cant wait until ssb is out in the uk.

Jun 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i understand your sentiments. which is why i want the GC version of twilight princess instead of the GC version.

That's exactly one of the games I was thinking of. Waggling the wii remote back and forth gets old after a couple hours and Zelda is one of those games that's best with marathon sessions.

All I know that an 80GB PS3 Metal Gear Solid bundle is in my future!

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 25
i can't believe wiis are still this hard to come by! i got my wii a month or two after it came out (walked into target one day and they had just gotten a shipment of them in... 7 of them sitting there in the glass case undisturbed)

then last summer i stumbled upon several wiis in 2 days. walked into best buy one day to exchange something and there was a man holding a wii to return standing in front of me. the next day i went to walmart to look for a gamecube controller for virtual console games, and they had just gotten a small shipment of wiis in (3 of them)

maybe i just have peculiar timing
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so would you be interested in selling it? =P

Sorry, but no. I don't play it on my own but it gets used when friends are over.

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

All I know that an 80GB PS3 Metal Gear Solid bundle is in my future!

I think there are too many comparisons between the Wii and the PS3. I have a 60GB PS3 and a Wii and they serve different purposes. I usually play the wii more often when friends are over or when my girlfriend wants to play. Wiifit is an exception because it is setup more for individual activity. I had no problem finding wiifit. I ordered it via Amazon.

The PS3 is a media machine that is just now hitting its stride when it comes to gaming. However, many of the games are nothing like you get with the wii. I am not saying one is better than the other, they are just different. Personally, I use the PS3 more for Blu-ray movies than anything else, but that is starting to change with GTA, MGS, etc..

In other words, I won't be selling either of them.

I should mention that I got my Wii a few weeks after Christmas. I found it at Target. You may try this link and see if there is anything out there.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there are too many comparisons between the Wii and the PS3. I have a 60GB PS3 and a Wii and they serve different purposes. I usually play the wii more often when friends are over or when my girlfriend wants to play. Wiifit is an exception because it is setup more for individual activity. I had no problem finding wiifit. I ordered it via Amazon.

The PS3 is a media machine that is just now hitting its stride when it comes to gaming. However, many of the games are nothing like you get with the wii. I am not saying one is better than the other, they are just different. Personally, I use the PS3 more for Blu-ray movies than anything else, but that is starting to change with GTA, MGS, etc..

In other words, I won't be selling either of them.

I should mention that I got my Wii a few weeks after Christmas. I found it at Target. You may try this link and see if there is anything out there.

I couldn't agree with you more on the above. Yes, part of the reason why I want the PS3 is for the blu-ray player but there are also times I want to do some hardcore gaming and the Wii just doesn't cut it for this. But, it really wasn't designed for it, either. Basically, there's a "need" in my life for both a Wii and a PS3. When I'm gaming on my own, I see the PS3 getting the workout while the Wii will be in use when friends are over.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #24 of 25
That's basically where I am at this point as well. Resisting the PS3 at present, but its call will eventually win out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #25 of 25
Yeah, well I lost my battle (and a little more):

DSC01243Medium.jpg

I honestly went into Best Buy with the sole intention of picking up the PS3 but the TV was calling my name and, after a number of promotions, I was able to pick it up for $750.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back