Going Wii Hunting
Jun 16, 2008 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that I have money and time, I intend to try to get a Wii, and it'd be awesome to get one this week, as my friends are getting a lot better at Brawl than I. Question is, what are good ways for Wii hunting?

I don't really want to have to buy online or bundles. Around my area, I have a Best Buy, Circuit City, 3 Gamestops, Sears, Wal-mart, 2 Toys-R-Us. Any other places I should contact? What should I ask?

Any advice would be appreciated?

And if your advice is something along the lines of "buy another system", don't bother posting.

other stores:
Target

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 25
on target we get them on sundays because we have the ad flyers come out that day, so if the wii is there we have it in our stores. so go on sunday mornings to check. salespeople don't tell you WHAT sunday though(even though sometimes we will know)

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 25
stores are still constantly receiving new stock- it's just that they sell out quickly. ask what day they receive shipments. typically it will be tuesday or wednesday. be ready on that day to go into the store early or call for a hold if possible. I doubt that it will take over 2 weeks (2 shipments) to succeed with that number of stores in your area.

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 25
i am sure there would be wii stock update site, there were a few in the uk when i got mine. just be ready to snipe it from amazon, that's what i did. once i wasn't logged on, and in the 30 seconds it took the stupid server to log me on, all the wii were out of stock. so just be ready, and you will get one.

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #7 of 25
My wii sits under my tv another forgotten peice of tech i thought i needed in my life!!
get more exercise dusting it than playing games on it.
My ps3 is a big black dust magnet too....... perfect argument for banning piano black as a housing for anythin other than pianos.
360 is used most of the 3 but since i started listening more and more to headphones thinking of seeling all 3 and about 40 games and setting up a home listening system

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 25
Just take two gamecubes and duct tape them together

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wii sits under my tv another forgotten peice of tech i thought i needed in my life!!
get more exercise dusting it than playing games on it.
My ps3 is a big black dust magnet too....... perfect argument for banning piano black as a housing for anythin other than pianos.
360 is used most of the 3 but since i started listening more and more to headphones thinking of seeling all 3 and about 40 games and setting up a home listening system

Maybe you can sell your Wii to the OP and everyone will be happy?

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #10 of 25
Artificial scarcity, I bought a Wii and I havent played it in months. Only use it when I have a lot of people over for like a birthday or something. Maybe Ill get that new Wii fit... oh yeah cant find it anywhere in stores.

GL finding one, go to your retail stores and just ask a associate how often their truck of goodies arrives, usually they will just tell you the truth.

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #11 of 25
I've had a Wii since two months after it came out (got it on eBay for $300!). I really don't play mine that much either. First, there still really aren't that many good games for it. Second, there has to be something said for sitting back and playing an old fashioned video game with a traditional controller. I think I'm too lazy for the Wii! I don't like having to sit up and wave my arms around to move the character. When I play video games, I like to relax. I can't do that with the Wii.

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a Wii since two months after it came out (got it on eBay for $300!). I really don't play mine that much either. First, there still really aren't that many good games for it. Second, there has to be something said for sitting back and playing an old fashioned video game with a traditional controller. I think I'm too lazy for the Wii! I don't like having to sit up and wave my arms around to move the character. When I play video games, I like to relax. I can't do that with the Wii.

if you're willing to part with it, we should talk

i called Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, and 2 of the 3 Gamestops. CC, BB, and Walmart each said they haven't gotten any in for over a month. Gamestop just said they didn't have any. Target said they didn't have any currently but to try again in a few days. Sears said they had one in stock, but I was disconnected when being transferred to the electronics department.

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #13 of 25
There are tons of good games for the Wii, and the WiiMote is very sensitive. If you are waving your arms around, you're doing something wrong. If you prefer a simple controller, most games are playable that way as well.

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #14 of 25
philodox,

Thanks for your comments. "Waving my arms around" was hyperbole. Still, more movement is required with the Wii remote than compared to a PS3 or XBox360 controller.

Yes, many games like Mario Kart have a mode where less movement is required but the majority do not.

Jun 16, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
philodox,

Thanks for your comments. "Waving my arms around" was hyperbole. Still, more movement is required with the Wii remote than compared to a PS3 or XBox360 controller.

Yes, many games like Mario Kart have a mode where less movement is required but the majority do not.

i understand your sentiments. which is why i want the GC version of twilight princess instead of the GC version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back