Going to upgrade my audio gear, need help deciding what goes!
Nov 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nokialover

100+ Head-Fier
So currently my collection lies of ath m50 with a broke cable, beyer COP that I didn't love the sound quality of, beyer Dt990 pro which I like the detail but the headphones were just too bright for me, V-moda m100 which has a bit too much bass for me and lacks the detail that I want but is currently my favorite can.  Then I have the fiio d5 usb dac, fiio e11 headphone amp, fiio E09k headphone amplifier and finally the Sony UDA-1 which I got on a discount but do not like the hissing that I can hear when the unit is turned on.  The hissing is very slight, but it bothers me to no end. So I want to get a trusted DAC/Amp combo and I am looking at the schitt modi and magni combo and will sell out of my other gear to get this.  Then I want to upgrade headphones and want something that can be portable but also driven from a good dac/amp system.  I am looking at the PM-3 but my only concerns with them is that the earpads cannot be easily replaced.  Any suggestions of what I should sell and what gear to move forward too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back