Going to NYC on Saturday and in need of an amp for HD650!
Apr 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently acquired a pair of HD650's and am looking to spend ~$500 (can go slightly higher, too) on an amp. I don't want to buy one sight-unseen, especially considering the fairly long build times involved with buying amps. I'm going to NYC on Saturday--is there anywhere in Manhattan that sells a decent lineup of headphone amplifiers? I'm looking for tube amps in particular, but SS is fine also. Just looking for something that nicely complements the Senns.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Your best bet is probably Audio Cubes downtown (AudioCubes.com - Contact AC Your Way.) but I'm not sure if they have amps. There's also B&H but they are closed on Saturday, and I'm not sure they have amps either. Headphone amps are a pretty niche product, not often found in brick & mortar stores.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Offhand, I can't think of any B&M stores in NYC that carry headphone amps.
Do a search on fullsize amps, you should get plenty of recomendations. I'm using an RSA XP-7 with mine and I'm very happy with the combination. Have Kimber cables on the HD650 and using an R&B Audio rca to mini interconnect. IMO, every little bit counts which is why I'm mentioning the cables and interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back