Going to Japan and planning some shopping. Are ATH wireless inear good?
Sep 18, 2018 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheBard

New Head-Fier
I'll be heading to Japan next month, and I know that you can get most AT headphones for half price or less compared to EU prices (I got AD700, AD700x, AD900x, ANC9, IM-03 and IM-02 over past 6 or so years), and since my ATH IM-03 cable is giving up I was considering updating my inears if I don't find a replacement cable (since they're discontinued after all).

So I was wondering if the new wireless models are any good. Or any other model from a Japanese brand that might be worth looking for.

On a more general note, any suggestion for any kind headphones (full size and inear both) or related product from Japan that I might try to listen at a Yodobashi and might get at a good price are of course welcome, but I mostly need inears to replace my old ones.

I tend to prefer clear and analytical sounding headphones and ones with a big soundstage (considering the limitations of the type of headphones and all). I don't really need much bass "umphf" as long as the sound is accurate and usually prefer models without much bass if the list of models up there was not indication enough :D

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Nice, I never knew there were that shop there. I'll stop for sure, but from the website it looks it's more expensive compared to Yodobashi/BicCamera, there might be more choice in there tho. They list the ATH-AD900x at 18000yen, while I remember buying them for 13-14000yen the year they came out. And the ATH-AD700x at 14000 when I have paid them 10800yen.

I'd like to know how the ATH-CKR7TW compare to other inear from other price range to figure if, based on the price I'll find them at, they're worth it or not.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, the best thing about e-earphone is that they have a huge selection of stuff (not just headphones AND earbuds/earphones) to demo, so you will probably find yourself spending an entire day there just trying stuff out and seeing what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back