Going to Florida - where to buy Grados?
Nov 12, 2009 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sithompson

100+ Head-Fier
I'm flying out to Florida from the UK at Christmas and I want to get myself some better Grados and they are significantly cheaper in the States (I'm torn between the 225 and 325). I'm staying in the Kissimmee/ Celebration area and while there is a mail order shop in Celebration I've been unable to find a retail outlet.

If anyone could recommend somewhere in that area I would be grateful. I know the area quite well but I've never had the need to find a hi-fi shop.

Thanks

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks - I had considered this. I'm staying with family so I could order them before I arrive so I know they are there in good time. Just don't know if I can ship to a US address with a UK card.

I'd still like to find a hi-fi shop and have a browse.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Why not just order from Amazon.com and have it shipped to the US address? If anybody would be able to handle the US-shipping-address-and-UK-card, it'd be some place like Amazon, and they'd probably be cheaper online than retail anyhow...if nothing else, you probably wouldn't have to pay sales tax unless Amazon has a warehouse in Florida (yes, US tax laws are kind of messed up).

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 8
if you go with the 325s, call headroom or email and ask for the discount. I remember before they migrated to the new site there was a coupon giving you 50 off the regular price, add to the fact that you can get free shipping and no tax, then you'll have yourself one hell of a deal (damn, I really wouldn't mind owning a pair of 325s!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back