Going to buy Comply tips, but which size?
Dec 13, 2006 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

frescagod

100+ Head-Fier
From the looks of it, the shorter ones are about the same size as those that come from Shure....is there any advantage to the longer ones? Will my e500 still sit in my ear properly with long Comply foamies?

Sorry, I tried to do a search but couldn't find any conclusive thread.

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 8
small ones are easier to insert but isolate less. They're IMO more comfortable.

Big ones isolate ALOT more, but they make me dizzy after a while being inserted.

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 8
I own both, which is worth trying for yourself honestly. I almost never use the longer ones though. They irritate my ears after 30-60 minutes generally. The are incredibly isolating though. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure my brain starts to itch when they're inserted.

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by frescagod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the looks of it, the shorter ones are about the same size as those that come from Shure....is there any advantage to the longer ones? Will my e500 still sit in my ear properly with long Comply foamies?

Sorry, I tried to do a search but couldn't find any conclusive thread.

I bought the sampler pack from the Earplug Super Store and then decided which ones I like best. For me, it was the regular size.

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 8
Smalls are more comfortable, easier to insert, and stick out about 1/3 of a centimeter less than the longer ones. However, they isolate less. Still isolate well, but if you really want absolute isolation, I say go for the other kind of foam, or get tri-flanges.

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #8 of 8
I use the short ones (Ety ER6i and Shure E3), if only because the regulars are twice the size of the Etys. I need to try the regulars, though, if the isolation is that much better (very impressive as is with the short ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back