Going portable under 300!
Mar 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Akin

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a portable solution under 300 dollars. My music is high quality 1000-1200 kbps files, and some around 300. I have a zune 80gb. I want forward mids, good instrument seperation, sparkly treble, and punchy bass (not too emphasized, I like treble and mids more). I also don't want a 3 meter cable like the hfi-580 cause they are hard to manage. It can be in-ear or on/over ear as long as its portable. I listen to Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, RHCP, David Guetta, Muse and Led Zeppelin. Also Piano + Vocals (Adele), Jessie J. I would like the sound to be balanced therefore.

My selections:

DT1350 + Fiio e11

RE0 + Fiio e11

Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10

Ath-M50

PRO 750 + (What amp?) - not going to use the stock cable as it is too long.

HD 25 - Fiio e11

V - Moda m80

UE 6-7

Westone 1

Se 215

Thanks, looking forward to your suggestions!

:D

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
. I want forward mids, good instrument seperation, sparkly treble, and punchy bass (not too emphasized, I like treble and mids more).

Forget the amp and just get Westone UM3X.  Perhaps best mids and instrument separation among any IEM at any price.  Treble could be a bit crisper but not teriible by any means.  Bass is very solid and punchy.  It is very efficient and requires no amp whatsoever.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
How does the UM3X compares to EX1000? Even better separation that ex1000?

The layering and separation of the UM3x is the best I've heard to date in a universal.  The EX1000 beats it in clarity, transparency, soundstage and timbre.  Overall I prefer the UM3x due to my genres of choice (its' great with most rock and metal) along with the great fit and cable but I can see many choosing the other way around.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 14
It's been a long time since I heard the um2, although I'm thinking of picking them up again.

I think the bass is less articulate than the um3x but I remember it having good presence. I remember the mids of the um2 being very good and better than the Shure se420. Rock guitars sounded really nice and forward on the um2.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #12 of 14
How about the mids and treble's on them? They're more important. And instead of getting the dt1350 plus a fiio e7, should İ go with the amperior?

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 14
As the others have suggested, ditch the amp.
I would suggest earphones with removeable cables - yes they're generally more expensive, but the tradeoff is much more worth it as many people experience cable issues.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #14 of 14
Well, I would take good care of them, but anyway, how are the se 315, or 215? If I'm going for durable, wouldn't over ears be better? I know noise cancelling degrades sq, but how are the pxc 450, I don't mind the comfort of iem's, but over ears should be more comfortable. 

And off topic, during Amazon's black friday sale, is everything on sale? or just selected items? How's the sale on headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back