Going back to my D2 already?(sony 728 owner)
May 9, 2008 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
I have an 8gb Sony 728 and a 4+8gb D2.
I'm planning on going back because:
1)Lack of bass-I've become a basshead. I'll wait for my X3i's to come back before making my final decision. Even when I tweak the EQ and VPT(Surround) on the Sony it's inadequate.
2)No audio bookmarking. I have large audio files that need it and the FF/RW on bigger tracks isn't great.
I can probably get 170-180 or so for the Sony on here considering it's been used for under a month and I purchased the extended service plan. Would you think it is transferable? And should I go back??

May 9, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 13
i think sonys SQ is much better than COWONs
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an 8gb Sony 728 and a 4+8gb D2.
I'm planning on going back because:
1)Lack of bass-I've become a basshead. I'll wait for my X3i's to come back before making my final decision. Even when I tweak the EQ and VPT(Surround) on the Sony it's inadequate.
2)No audio bookmarking. I have large audio files that need it and the FF/RW on bigger tracks isn't great.
I can probably get 170-180 or so for the Sony on here considering it's been used for under a month and I purchased the extended service plan. Would you think it is transferable? And should I go back??

it must be a joke, right?
VPT has nothing to do with lower freqs
if anything, sony is a bit heavy on bass and people are lowering it.

as for FF - try to pause and FF - very fast. obviously does not replace bookmarks
frown.gif

May 9, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 13
try ClearBass, MegaBass and all the other things sony has for bass. and wait for your x3i's- they are bassy earphones.
about the bookmarking- try contacting sony about it; ask them if they are planning to fix it in a firmware update.

May 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 13
Nonsense, the TC's concerns are certainly valid. The D2 has great quality bass, not just boom (Shigzeo's just a D2-hater).

May 9, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by vr5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it must be a joke, right?
VPT has nothing to do with lower freqs
if anything, sony is a bit heavy on bass and people are lowering it.

as for FF - try to pause and FF - very fast. obviously does not replace bookmarks
frown.gif

on big files, the FF/RW isn't that great. Way better than my first ever player(iRiver H10...12 secs per second)but not D2 fast.

May 9, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nonsense, the TC's concerns are certainly valid. The D2 has great quality bass, not just boom (Shigzeo's just a D2-hater).

We've all got our preferences.

Nylan

May 9, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We've all got our preferences.

Nylan

Yep...and mine definately goes to the Sony. With my SE420s, bass is excellent...but I understand the fast forward thing: I simply don't have a problem with it since I only listen to complete albums. I listened to the Cowon with my earphones and prefered the Sony. However I felt the Cowon sounded better than anything else I've tried outside the Walkman. Again: it'a a matter of preferences.Also I don't remember the Cowon's interface (it was weeks ago), but do remember that I didn't like it!

May 9, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 13
I think sound of the sony is wide, good bass, detailed and smooth but I listen less readability on normal. Where is the space/distance? I listen everything inside my head on q-jays, I don't like this. Sound is very subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back