Going Away to University Soon, I'm Going to Need a Different DAC
Dec 29, 2011 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SnoopKatt

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
In September 2012, I will be going away to a University, and most of my equipment is rather bulky, so I will probably have to put it in storage or sell it. On the upside, I hope to try some new equipment :)

Right now, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 555's, and I plan on upgrading to HD 650's. I really like the 555's, but I'm starting to want headphones that can do a little more. I would bring my receiver, but it's on the large side, and it's a significant heat source, so in a few months, I want to buy a DAC/headphone amp.

From poking around, it sounds like the Beresford TC 7510 is a good choice. A lot of my sources are digital (computer, digital media player, TV, and Xbox), so I really like that it has all of those inputs. However, I am completely perplexed on all the revisions. Is the newest one the best? And for the money, would this be the best choice? I don't want to spend more than $150.

Thanks in advance :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 6
After looking around a lot more, this may not be a good idea. After thinking about it a little more, it seems like it will be a lot less hassle to get something that has an analog input, has a headphone amplifier built in, and can output the audio to a speaker amplifier as well (or a line out). For about $150, what would be my best bet?
Thank you

Edit: I guess this new question doesn't put me in the right form anymore, so I apologize for that. Should just start a new thread in another forum?

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 6
September ? Hey, I admire the fact that you like to be prepared, but there are some very interesting months between now and then - I'd hold off for now. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 6
I think you will find that the beginning of each new year, roughly January up till around March/April, will be a particularly busy time for new audio releases. Thats not cast in stone, but it has been my experience over the few years that I've taken an interest in headphones and audio kit in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back