Gogol Bordello Concert
Nov 3, 2009 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Galesden

100+ Head-Fier
I've been to two of their concerts so far and they are one of the best bands live ever. They have so much energy during their shows that it's impossible not to get captured by it. I know thats not that great of a description, but i don't think i could come close to describing the euphoria and ecstasy that is a Gogol Bordello concert. So, has anyone else been to a Gogol Bordello concert? If so, has there been any concert that has been more exciting than that. I really want to know, because i honestly cannot think of one.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 6
I keep getting foiled by circumstances. But it is high on my list. The energy, bordering on mania, that you describe was evident even on their Saturday Night Live appearance (actually, I think it was Conan, I don't remember -- it was over a year ago). I must have watched that in awe 50 or more times.

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 6
I had the chance at this year's Summer Sonic, but I opted instead for Sonic Youth / The Flaming Lips. I'll keep them on my radar and hopefully they will come to Japan again as a solo act.

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Easily one of my favorite bands right now…seen them several times, once on New Year's Eve. It was bananaz! And it's not just about the party; frontman Eugene Hutz is a pretty sophisticated political thinker. He wants to build community…there's a song called "Think Locally, F-ck Globally."
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back