Gods are Ghosts
May 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ozone42

New Head-Fier
This is the debut of a friend's band. I normally wouldn't just plug for the sake of plugging, but I think these guys are going somewhere. Lots of talent and promise.

Gods are Ghosts

Free download, including FLAC versions! This was mastered by Carl Saff, who also did the last Grails album, and I'm pretty impressed.

I'm having trouble categorizing the music. Heavy alternative rock, lots of metal influences, as well as some more technical stuff leaning towards Tool with some crazy time signatures. Post rock influences as well. Maybe some Isis, maybe some Mastodon.

The drums especially are pretty epic.

May 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 2
Just gave the first song on the album a quick listen through my laptop speakers, doesn't seem to bad :wink:

Currently downloading the flac file of their album, should be able to listen to it tommorow or friday.

I may or may not have more to comment on then 
L3000.gif

P.S. this is my first post using the new website set up, not sure I like it; though that very well may just be me not wanting to adjust from a system I was familar with and more or less liked. Though one thing for sure, is that it seems to be more streamlined, and more "rounded".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back