God am I confused choosing the right player!!!
Mar 14, 2005 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ankga

New Head-Fier
days of research haven't got me any result yet. so i'm gonna need your help guys...

i'm looking for a player that have:

- around a gig capacity
- has an equalizer
- nice sound quality, i'm not much of an audiophile, i'm a basshead, i love bass. and i love a player that can go with that...
- priced around $100 (yep, this will easily narrow it down)

the main use is just a companion with my daily commuting. i'm using sharps's MD33 which i think commuting-friendly and also BassHeads-friendly.

okay, here's some candidates over my lenghty research...

1. ipod - too expensive, i'm not looking to spend that much money on a single thing. beside, i heard they aren't strong on bass

2. rio nitrus/rio carbon - i have a friend who have rio nitrus, and i love the player. has an EQ, backlight, and just perfect sound quality (i can easily qualify this one). BUT, i heard of this horrible review on this thing... so i left undecided.

3. Sony MZ-NH600D - i've been using md for the past years. and i love it because it's affordable all around (although i have to put up with that stupid SS software). currently i'm using an old MDLP player (MZ-NE410) and i love it. but it doesn't has EQ in it which just pisses me off. AND there's some uncertain things i have in my mind about this player. does it have a EQ??? i heard about the difference between this UK and US version of this model, but i'm not sure.

4. Zen Micro - The only reason that i have this on my list is because this player is Napster-to-Go compatible. but the price is just too much. but would it be the best deal if i just put more money on my budget? i was thinking the other day, putting this much money might take awhile, and proabably some company might come up with the similar deal that compete with napster's.

okay then. if you have anything to suggest, please put your input, i appreciate it a lot.

thanks a bunch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back