God am I confused choosing the right player!!!
Mar 15, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #16 of 24
Mar 15, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #17 of 24
i still don't know

it's not like i'm not listening to what you guys have to say. i actually did a decent research on every single player that mention here.

the reason why i'm don't want to spend over 150, even 200 is just imbalances how i spend my money on things i used. i'm not cheap, i just want to see what's possible.

like i said. i'm very limited to the budget i have right now. i guess music is one expensive hobby.

okay, after all that i think i'm convinced enough to wait a little longer until i can expand my budget. my tendencies changed into Zen Micro now althought NH600 is still one of my consideration ( for some reason i just love MD player because it has japanese-vibe in it, and it just matches me perfectly :p)

thanks a lot guys. but keep the inputs goes in, we might have a better idea here...

Mar 15, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 24
i think the 600d might be the best for you. Its selling on ebay for $70 now. i think it would be difficult having a flash player as your only player. fine for commuting, but you'd get sick of hearing the same 1gb of music if you went on a trip. while not the smallest, but hi-md is expandable for cheap. sounds good. has a 6-band eq. and is quite durable.

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #20 of 24
The Sandisk 1G costs about US$ 179, uses 1 AAA battery that lasts over 40 hours, sounds fine, has FM radio, equalizer, and LCD screen (unlike Shuffle). It seems to be rugged and it is so light you won't notice it. Should drive most common headphones: I've used it with Shure e3c, Koss Portapro. It's my running player--don't worry about skipping or getting it wet.

Mar 27, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosCow
Anything with flash memory will not have an equalizer, let's make that clear.

Not true. RIO Forge has an EQ.

And the 128MB model is $80 after rebate on the RIO site. It can accept SD cards up to 1GB for a total of 1128MD storage for $80

Similar savings on the 256MB ( $90 at amazon after RIOs rebate) and
$100 for the 512MB Forge after RIOs $60 rebate.

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 24
ditto with aiiee, iriver flash players come with tons of extras.

Unfortunantly i have little experience with flash players but from the ones i have used, the iriver ifp-7xx (i think thats the group) is the best.

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #23 of 24
I used to be an avid MD user and fan. Used them for 5 years before stepping up to the mp3 stable. Got a Rio Carbon and never looked back. The SS stuff is just too frustrating sometimes. Also, the fact that my music is "locked" on the player frustrates me. I like the freedom my rio gives me.

Mar 28, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #24 of 24
I wouldn't get a Sandisk. I listened to a couple of songs on one, and it cracked or distorted several times actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back