Goa/Psytrance thread!
May 3, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #31 of 48

May 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #32 of 48

May 3, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #33 of 48

May 3, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #34 of 48

May 3, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #35 of 48

May 3, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #36 of 48

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #37 of 48
Reviving a thread here! Does anyone listen to Suomisaundi? I really like the idea that it's freestyle and there are many different flavors of it, but some of it can just get a little too silly or weird.

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #40 of 48
I love
I listen
and I breath psytrance :D.
I dont know were id be if I never got into trance in general but some artists i like are infected mushroom protoculter ticon vibrosphere chronos gosh so many to list but i agree as of late quality psy is hard to come by :frowning2:

lately i discovered Mad actors and Sesto sento and i cant stop listening to these 2 tracks by them

great track by mad actors very old school euphoric feel and bass line

this track by sesto sento i cant stop listening to absolutly beatutiful emotion

good trance and psytrance and goa is very hard to find but in my glorius travels of the vast sea of the internet i have found to amazing gems of a web site and they offer music for free

http://jamendo.com
this site is hit or miss for me lots of good trance but little psy they had a HUGE database of psy but mysteriously alot of it went away sadly but new stuff is uploaded almost daily and all royalty free :)

http://ektoplazm.com
this is the tip of the spear for me lots of great unknown psytrance artists and may sub genres like psycore darkpsy ect with a good community and availible downloads in FLAC OGG WAV and MP3

this thread needs way more attension you have my thanks caliskimmer
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #43 of 48

Quote:
I dont know why but psy/goa trance freaks me out a little bit, I still listen to some thou

It's a hit or miss usually. There is some creepy stuff out there, but then there is also some more uplifting and engaging psytrance. The best part about the genre is that it doesn't really have limits and can be the opposite of formulaic at times.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #44 of 48
true i have never seen such variation from a genre before

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #45 of 48
Most of the stuff here is either old goa or trance. 
There are many psytrance subgenres, however, a few names here:

Old Goa: Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Cosmosis, Green Nuns of Revolution, Eat Static..

New Goa: Filteria, MFG, Kethzal.. (check suntrip recs, they are the best for this subgenre)

Full On (aka cheese): Tristan, Laughing Buddha, Avalon, Atmos, Fungus funk.. (alchemy and liquid recs are a good start)

Night time: Psymmetrix, EVP, Neutral Motion, Burn in Noise, Dirty Saffy, Beardy.. (wildthings and bom shanka recs are the best imo)

Forest/organic: Atriohm, Ajja, Electrypnose, Ianuaria  (parvati, peak, blue hour sounds recs should keep you busy for a while)

Suomi: Texas Faggot, Luomuhappo.. (Faerie Dragon and Exogenic are leading recs for this genre)

Dark: Orestis, Furious, Cosmo, Kindzadza

Then there's the progressive bit that you might like mre if you're coming from a techno background. It's split in 2 subgenres:

cheese: Ace Ventura, Flowjob, Vibrashere, Liquid Soul 

dark: Sensient, Grouch, Kromelur (Zenon recs is a must)

than there are psy breaks where I would mention Slackbaba, Headflux and Far Too Loud

Shpongle are not psytrance by any means, there's a whole psybient (ott, bluetech, shulman, kaya project) and psydub (international observer, ashtech, gaudi) genre there.
If you like them tho, I would raccomend Younger Brother's  (which is Simon Postford rock-ish project) first 2 albums that were even considered the new Pink Floyd sound for a while. 

enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back