Go Vibe Martini
Aug 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Found this, seems very cheap. Can someone tell me if this orig. Martini (not the + version) is any good, and if the site is legit?

http://www.soundearphones.com/products/govibe-martini-headphone-amplifier

Thanks

Hmm you know that's an add I see on Head Fi, does Jude decide what adds show up on our site :O anyways best thing to do is find a return policy and a Phone Number, give them a call record it and get some person to person time. I found a SUPER cheap dt 990 a while back and I  really enjoyed chatting with the company! And it confirmed to me that they where legit! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Thanks, BTW do you mean that company advertises on head-fi, or that my link is an ad and I should delete it?

Cheers

I've seen that logo here on head fi before, and no your not doing anything wrong,

I'm just wondering if Jude choses what add's appear on his site, as I have seen an add for that company in one of the many banners that appear on head fi, it could just be random Google Add Sense adds too though

but find out some contacts and call them people up before you buy

Also... my gawd the Akg K550 sound like pure crap compared to my Modded W1000x... sheesh man I mean I don't notice how bad they are until... I try on the GOOD at home cans xD Damnit I need a new can lol 

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
LOL - thanks for the advice. This site has cost me a fortune, yet I'm back looking for more stuff.

Cheers

Cost you a fortune, as in you got RIPPED off and you went to buy AGAIN, Or Head Fi has cost your a fortune and your here at Head Fi looking again... 

lol did you not see the Disclaimer for head fi

"Sorry about your Wallet" 

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Just can't stop upgrading :)

I know the feeling, 

I started with an $80 Sony Can, then I got my Beyer Dt 880 Pro 250... I sold that beyer to pay bills

AND NOW, I just got ANOTHER Beyer Dt 880 but this one is a Recabled Fully Balanced Dt 880 Premium 600 ohm. 

That being said, I've re listened to Metallica's Ride the Lighting and I must say... it is still a good album! I've added into my 9 test tracks... I try to test headphones with songs I know and actually I do know Metallica songs very well... I listened to a lot of metallica when I was younger... [Listening to Call of the Ktulu. Might actually go with Orion instead as it's a little more dynamic... really the peak of Cliff's work!] 

Listening to them now out of my W1000x... I miss the SUPER aggressive edgy tone of a crappy pair of Sony's but... MAN that Guitar Solo... so much detail. The speed and weight of every note WOW. Got chills down my back from that finger work! Details I've never heard... It's pretty dang cool either way I'm excited to get the balanced Beyers running on the Audio GD 10.32, the next step is fully balanced w1000x xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back