Go-Vibe for Home Use?
Dec 8, 2005 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stefan

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, want to get into headphones at home and the system I have doesn't have a headphone out, but does have spare fixed level (2vRMS) RCA outs.
So, for a simple solution, could I just gor RCA->minjack cable->go-vibe -> headphones?
I don;t see any reason why it shouldn't but you never know... Norm at go-vibe says it should be fine, but wondering if anyone here using a similar set-up.

Thinking of going for the Grado SR60. With the go-vibe that will only set me back around $150, which to me seems a nice way to plunge into cans without spending big bucks....

thanks!

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 3
certainly... Might also want to consider a K240s for ~$80. I prefer it to the SR60 as an all around, non-critical listening type of can. its something just to kick back and relax with. If you want something to grab you and slam you with sound certainly the SR60 is the way to go in that price range.

If youre patient, hang around the F/S forum for a buffered amp. Since getting my 18V mint I havent looked back to any of my single OP amp circuits. That Zero audio amp on ebay looks very interesting too.

Garrett

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

It will be fine, I have done that with my Go-Vibe and no problem, I dont use it like it all the time as I use an iPod as well.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back