Go-Vibe 7, where to buy? Or other amp for K701
Jan 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

snobba

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am planning to get a alright amp for my k701 instead of my PA2V2 which works alright but still I can't put it loud enough until it distorts.

So I am thinking of the Go-Vibe 7 that I read good things about but I just can't find a place to buy it? Where do you get it from?

Have anyone tried this thing with K701s? And do you have any other suggestions for a amp max. $200?

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 10
You can buy GoVibe7 up here only, used I mean. Norm do not make them anymore and I bought one of the last two he sold here couple of weeks ago
cool.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 10
Do you need a portable? If not, scrap that idea and commission either a DIY Dynalo (heard & recommended) or a DIY Cavalli-Kan Kumisa III (not heard but it's somewhat similar to the Dynalo in a few technical aspects). Seek out amp builders in the DIY forum.

Distortion may also be an artifact coming from your source, what are you using your PA2V2 with?

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks Guys! So I have to hunt one down if I need one then..hmmm..But I kind of need a portable in a way as I tend to move around a lot while listening at home..

I have also seen this one: MiniBox MiniBox-E+ which have got good review by some..anyone tried one with k701?
Head-Direct.com

Asr..When you talk about DIY Dynalo..how much money are you talking about to get one? Any pics of one? I am using the PA2V2 with my ipod from the direct line but I think I need to have a very high volume..but it is mainly the base that cracks it up..

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 10
Snobba, I gotta go with asr on this one. The K701s aren't the easiest headphone to drive, and though I certainly haven't heard all the newer portable amps around, I haven't yet heard a portable that can do a decent job with the K701s when compared to even modest home amps, some of which can be moved around fairly easily. What's your budget?

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Both the Dynalo and CKKIII can be commissioned for under $200. You can find more info and pics of both in the DIY forum and via Google.

As for your distortion, you should be running an amp from a line-out adapter, not from the headphone jack, and are you using lossless or at least high bit-rate MP3?

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Boomana and Asr...hmmm, yeah maybe that would be a problem to power them ofcourse and as I do not really need a totally portable system I maybe should go with a home amp. The only thing is that I do not want to buy a huge one as I am going to bring one back from the US where I am going next week and I also would prefer to have one that are easily movable and the pics I have seen on the Dynalo and such is that they are huge things, or?

And what I understand is that the home amp costs much more than $200(I could stretch some more though) and I have to say I find less commercial products that are home amps which makes it hard to find and order.

But back to the portable amps..I heard that the Mini3(rockhopper) could power my k701 but then again you never know how loud that person want to listen to..

Thanks for all the help!

Btw...I will only use my Ipod as a source, home amp or not..

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by snobba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boomana and Asr...hmmm, yeah maybe that would be a problem to power them ofcourse and as I do not really need a totally portable system I maybe should go with a home amp. The only thing is that I do not want to buy a huge one as I am going to bring one back from the US where I am going next week and I also would prefer to have one that are easily movable and the pics I have seen on the Dynalo and such is that they are huge things, or?

And what I understand is that the home amp costs much more than $200(I could stretch some more though) and I have to say I find less commercial products that are home amps which makes it hard to find and order.

But back to the portable amps..I heard that the Mini3(rockhopper) could power my k701 but then again you never know how loud that person want to listen to..

Thanks for all the help!

Btw...I will only use my Ipod as a source, home amp or not..

Where's home? There's a Heed Canamp in the FS forum (220v) right now for under $300 that many head-fiers report sounds great with the K701s. It's small enough to pick up with one hand and set most anywhere. I use mine on my nightstand. You'd just need to get a line-out to RCA connector, make one yourself, or find, as mentioned before, a DIYer to do it for you.

I also have the mini^3, and though it could probably make the K701s loud enough if you got the higher gain version, it's not just about volume. I've never heard the K701s with it, so won't comment further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back