Go-Vibe 5: What!Mate?!
Aug 3, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 536
I think there's going to be a lot of suprised/happy head-fiers. I was lucky enough to own a headsave classic and go-vibe v3 and thoroughly enjoyed both. So, I'm glad he's back and wish Norm the best of luck this time around.

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 536
I use a Go_Vibe3 currently, can't seem to muster the courage to buy something better like the usual suspects. And it being the first Headphone amp holds a certain fondness in my black heart.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I've already sent for more info and pics.

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 536
I've sent Norm an email asking what he needs from me to get my order in process. Considering I've been using the same gear for almost a year and haven't had any serious upgraditis.....is this the beginning of a downward spiral?

Can't wait to hear back from him....

Joe

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 536
Cool, a DC jack! Too bad it doesn't recharge the batt as well, tho I can't complain if you can get 75 hours out of one battery, sheesh, that's good life. I never had a problem with a single Go-Vibe - good stuff!

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 536
nice! had i not just recently purchased a PINT and a supermini, i'd be all over this (who am i kidding...i might get one anyway). i loved the go-vibe 3 and hope many will feel a bit of the go-vibe as well...

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 536
It's great to see the Go-Vibe available once again to the public!

The original Go-Vibe was my first amp, and I still use it today with my iPod. Now that it's up to v5, I can only assume that it puts mine to shame (certainly looks a lot nicer).

Anyone looking for a portable amp needs to seriously take a look at this amp.

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #11 of 536
Ah man, of course when I don't have a job, there is a reintroduction of the Go-Vibe
evil_smiley.gif
I have a Go-Vibe V4 w/AD8397 (one of 50 I understand? ) I would really like to hear the V5 with the LM6171 OP-Amp that's whats in the Headfive, and I really been enjoying the Headfive.

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #12 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport
I think the go-vibe needs a new name though. I don't want people to misunderstand when I said I used my go-vibe for 4 hours last night.
tongue.gif

I don't see how there can be a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the go-vibe is a device that takes in the signal of the kind of rhythm you want, amplifies it, and provides power to the devices that actually generate the physical vibrations.
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #13 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by cclragnarok
I don't see how there can be a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the go-vibe is a device that takes in the signal of the kind of rhythm you want, amplifies it, and provides power to the devices that actually generate the physical vibrations.
tongue.gif

Heh you obviously never googled Govibe
eggosmile.gif
(let's just say I'm glade my V4 isn't engraved
tongue.gif
)

Aug 3, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Heh you obviously never googled Govibe
eggosmile.gif
(let's just say I'm glade my V4 isn't engraved
tongue.gif
)

LOL. I see that the other govibe is capable of generating the physical vibrations by itself. However, it cannot compete with the flexibility of the Go-Vibe V5, which can let your devices vibrate in a limitless number of ways depending on the input signal.

Aug 3, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #15 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiro
I think there's going to be a lot of suprised/happy head-fiers. I was lucky enough to own a headsave classic and go-vibe v3 and thoroughly enjoyed both. So, I'm glad he's back and wish Norm the best of luck this time around.

It looks like Norm's using a specific opamp, and apparently no rolling this time around. IMO that seriously limits the appeal of the Go-Vibe... one of the main attractions (IMO) was the ability to roll opamps at such a low price point. I for one will not be buying it, nor recommending/disrecommending it to anyone.

P.S. Norm's been in & out of the amp business how many times now?
blink.gif
Bit of indecision there, Norm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back