Go ahead - look at your portable rig and smile and pump your fists
May 24, 2007 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MetalManCPA

500+ Head-Fier
I reached a plateau with my portable rig tonight. Once the last piece came in the mail today, I set everything up, looked and listened - and I got that happy warm fuzzy feeling of happiness and contentment and pumped my fists.

The last piece that came in today was AudioLineOut's Jena Wire Cryo dock. I then proceeded to get my Headroom Micro Bag with the Micro Strap Extender, my MiniBox-E amp and the iPod 5G 80gb, and place them in the bag. I then connected the Cryo Dock. I got my Future Sonics Atrio M5's, put on the iPod, and listened.

Awesome if I do say so myself. It's quite amazing enjoying the technology of today. 6,000+ songs, 40+ music videos, a few podcasts, 5 movies, 600+ photos all along for the ride. Quality amp, quality headphones, quality cabling, quality source (yeah, I know some people don't consider the iPod a quality source - I do), and a nice bag. Most importantly, it all adds up to great sound. Happy me
smily_headphones1.gif

All of you - just stand back a minute and take a look at what you have. Don't compare it to anything else, don't worry that there exists better quality equipment than what you have. At least for a moment pat yourself on the back for what you have. Some of you may be at the pinnacle, some of you just beginning your journey. I feel I'm at my own pinnacle, although I always understand that the "bug" exists to upgrade.

I look at it this way - on top of my setup I mentioned above, I have "extra" equipment lying around that other people would want and some envy (as I bet many of you do too). I have a 5G 30gb iPod video, a MiniBox-D amp, a PA2V2 amp, Future Sonics EM3's, Bang & Olufson A8's, and a Creative MuVo N2200 all on the shelf. That tells me I should stand back and realize what I have is pretty darn good, and tonight I did. I gave myself that little fist pump of joy. It felt good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back